$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I appreciate our response, but you didn’t answer my question. I’m still ignorant.

Why would a 7 day workweek necessitate a new class of lower paid driver?
Because the work ethic is not the same as when we were young bucks. Plus, take 35-years in... he once delivered convertible tops outta J.C. Whitney, Gateway, Dell, Micron, e-Machine desktops that were C.O.D., grass seed, Quik Crete.... Ferris Wheel Parts was that were CASH ONLY!!! Had clip board, carbon paper... and a pocket full of 2-day tags and COD slips... uniforms in August would be 1/2 grey from the salt/sweat deposits. 65 rests you had to set up in order and at peak... 330 and your birthday win would hurt from thinking as much as your body.

No EDD does it all... Orion is no good but easy on the brain. It's all set up for them and much easier. $20-$34 is a great wage for the drivers delivering solar flowers and Fire Cubes today.

Back in the day... we made $$$ off a big box for the company. All these online clothes and board games make hardly no profits so the wages must be different for the youngster to toss deliveries inside screen doors.

Much easier today.... just tons more hours on masssive volume that slowly keeps profits up.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Can't get over 43-years. That is the actual age here of when a driver starts contacting the union to send documentation on when he/she can retire.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
We generated much more $ revenue $ per package than the driver today.

So unfortunately, somebody has to take the hit. Thus, new person... Saturday/Sunday in heavy traffic and just low revenue resis must take the pay cut.

Business decision, nothing personal.

Box Ox

No EDD does it all... Orion is no good but easy on the brain. It's all set up for them and much easier. $20-$34 is a great wage for the drivers delivering solar flowers and Fire Cubes today.

Back in the day... we made $$$ off a big box for the company. All these online clothes and board games make hardly no profits so the wages must be different for the youngster to toss deliveries inside screen doors.

The package weight limit is now 150 pounds. I don’t know how you could think packages these days are lighter.

I think what you are saying is that profit per piece is down because lower margin residential deliveries are a higher percentage of delivery volume.

Much easier today.... just tons more hours on masssive volume that slowly keeps profits up.

Is it much easier today? That’s not what I’ve been hearing from the old timers. They tell me the job used to be “fun,” but it’s not anymore and somebody starting with today’s workload probably won’t be making it 30 years.

Last edited:

Box Ox

So unfortunately, somebody has to take the hit. Thus, new person... Saturday/Sunday in heavy traffic and just low revenue resis must take the pay cut.

Are profits down, when adjusted for inflation, compared to the days when profit per package was greater?

bumped

Because the work ethic is not the same as when we were young bucks. Plus, take 35-years in... he once delivered convertible tops outta J.C. Whitney, Gateway, Dell, Micron, e-Machine desktops that were C.O.D., grass seed, Quik Crete.... Ferris Wheel Parts was that were CASH ONLY!!! Had clip board, carbon paper... and a pocket full of 2-day tags and COD slips... uniforms in August would be 1/2 grey from the salt/sweat deposits. 65 rests you had to set up in order and at peak... 330 and your birthday win would hurt from thinking as much as your body.

Your crazy if you think everything to throw it in the screen door. Most of the easy packages go to the surepost or Amazon delivers it themselves. We get all large, oversize, heavy, poorly packaged, crap that people order.

Total package

We can rebuild him
Today delivering for UPS is freight pkgs every other stop. Heavy ass furniture that you end up getting a call tag for 2 days later. The packages are twice too long to fit on a hand cart and start falling apart before you can get it to the porch

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

You posted this why? Your a :censored2:ing idiot
you're right. let's shut this thread down.

how do we/I delete it all?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Easier today??? Have you seen all of the massive boxes that are in the trucks today??? All of the small(Ish) items are going to the post office...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Today delivering for UPS is freight pkgs every other stop. Heavy ass furniture that you end up getting a call tag for 2 days later. The packages are twice too long to fit on a hand cart and start falling apart before you can get it to the porch
They actually load Irregular trailers from certain locations....why do you think we use irregular trains as much as we do.... wait until 15-20 percent of our volume is irregs....I think it is almost 10 % now...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why would a driver get on here and push all the shiny object points my center manager would as he drools over the though of passing a Union busting hybrid driver/harassment status quo contract?

He's retired, doesn't care about what happens to those of us working, he just wants to keep the pensions healthy. He thinks it's in his best interest to convince us to eat the :censored2: sandwich they serve up without even trying to get a better deal.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
you should vote no because your retired dave

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you should vote no because your retired dave
This dude is from Washington and Dave would never have known that us oldtimers use to have money put into a fund called the pacific coast benefits trust....the money that use to be contributed to it now goes into the main western conference pension plan...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This dude is from Washington and Dave would never have known that us oldtimers use to have money put into a fund called the pacific coast benefits trust....the money that use to be contributed to it now goes into the main western conference pension plan...
he is retired and gots a lot of time on his hands

My statement still says pacific coast benefits trust and I still have contributions put in.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Who is this clown

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.