$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

It's a different benefit than the pension. Where I'm at it is only paid into for part timers, and just sits there collecting interest when you go full time.
I know it’s different, I still get contributions and interest/ losses.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
Another breath of fresh air. A Teamster and not a “Me”ster. There’s no way we’re going to do any better if we vote no and strike. All of the political right and Trumpanzee Americans would love for us to eat a :censored2: sandwich and take a pay cut. Be grateful and more importantly SUPPORT THE UNION WHO WON THIS CONTRACT FOR YOU! Don’t be dead weight, contribute.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Another breath of fresh air. A Teamster and not a “Me”ster. There’s no way we’re going to do any better if we vote no and strike. All of the political right and Trumpanzee Americans would love for us to eat a :censored2: sandwich and take a pay cut. Be grateful and more importantly SUPPORT THE UNION WHO WON THIS CONTRACT FOR YOU! Don’t be dead weight, contribute.

It would be impossible for him to look out for only himself any more. Hybrid drivers are an absolute no go. The fact that it was dreamed up by the teamsters supports the assertion that the teamsters don't care about UPSer's. They will start to care only after we decertify and they start missing all that dues money.

Hethatbeking

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
Complete and utter bull:censored2:! Your math doesn't compute. Can I spend my "healthcare" dollars when paying rent, or buying food? No? Then it can't possible be counted as part of my hourly wage.

keeb86

I appreciate our response, but you didn’t answer my question. I’m still ignorant.

Why would a 7 day workweek necessitate a new class of lower paid driver?
Because the work ethic is not the same as when we were young bucks. Plus, take 35-years in... he once delivered convertible tops outta J.C. Whitney, Gateway, Dell, Micron, e-Machine desktops that were C.O.D., grass seed, Quik Crete.... Ferris Wheel Parts was that were CASH ONLY!!! Had clip board, carbon paper... and a pocket full of 2-day tags and COD slips... uniforms in August would be 1/2 grey from the salt/sweat deposits. 65 rests you had to set up in order and at peak... 330 and your birthday win would hurt from thinking as much as your body.

No EDD does it all... Orion is no good but easy on the brain. It's all set up for them and much easier. $20-$34 is a great wage for the drivers delivering solar flowers and Fire Cubes today.

Back in the day... we made $$$ off a big box for the company. All these online clothes and board games make hardly no profits so the wages must be different for the youngster to toss deliveries inside screen doors.

Much easier today.... just tons more hours on masssive volume that slowly keeps profits up.

Technology isn’t there to dumb down the pay, it’s there to make our jobs MORE EFFICIENT, thus giving us more stops to do per hour. You know, like delivering those Ferris Wheel parts in half the time with COD.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Thank you.
It's like being a professional ball player or movie star, you put people in the seats, you can ask for more, more, more!. The people paying still make money!

Our high productivity puts people in the seats. That is, because of us, our owners are making tons of money, huge amounts of profit.

We can and should make more because we can.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Your crazy if you think everything to throw it in the screen door. Most of the easy packages go to the surepost or Amazon delivers it themselves. We get all large, oversize, heavy, poorly packaged, crap that people order.

Yup, I dunno how you deal with shifting cargo all day long... I strap my irregs down outta the way until I get to the stop
DSC_0014.JPG

60 stops done, 100 more to go... finally a clear path to my bulkhead door.

Yeah, stop your company from becoming like FedEx ground.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Oops, double post... yeah UPS is the leader in wages in this industry, butt that is what being in the UNION is for, correct?

Last edited:

Chnandler Bong

Hybrid drivers are an absolute no go. The fact that it was dreamed up by the teamsters supports the assertion that the teamsters don't care about UPSer's.

Can we all agree that weekend deliveries are inevitable? If so, how should the work be distributed? At the PO, you’re not guaranteed 2 consecutive days off. Nobody at UPS wants that. We also wanted 9.5 relief. Hybrid employees seems like a viable option as long as it’s tightly limited in scope. How else do you propose covering weekends?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Can we all agree that weekend deliveries are inevitable? If so, how should the work be distributed? At the PO, you’re not guaranteed 2 consecutive days off. Nobody at UPS wants that. We also wanted 9.5 relief. Hybrid employees seems like a viable option as long as it’s tightly limited in scope. How else do you propose covering weekends?

Pay ground wages for drivers delivering ground packages, anything less is unacceptable.