45 min video from higher ups / more bad news?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I saw some print out somewhere in the sta. about depending on how many CRRs or, employees in a sta. you're now required to submit X amount of leads for "One Rate". :clown:

whenIgetthere

We got a message yesterday or the day before saying everyone must submit one every month. Not me. Last one I submitted was for a company shipping one package a day, they then went to 200-300 hundred per day. I didn't see a dime from it. They said it was an in house account.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I love how they want Express couriers to turn in sales leads - the bulk of which would end up going to Ground - and then be lambasted for being the "underperforming opco"...makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't turn in diddly.

PublicWifi

I think it's pretty stupid to have your couriers, who don't even have time to stop and take a piss, turn in leads. Route 66 and DRAisawesome are right.

Most of the time I encourage people in my area to take their packages to the local Office or 3rd party FedEx / UPS store. This has saved US a lot of time in the end. We (the Express guy and I) laugh about a few pickups that no longer pop up on our scanners / manifests.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I saw some print out somewhere in the sta. about depending on how many CRRs or, employees in a sta. you're now required to submit X amount of leads for "One Rate". :clown:

Or what? Get a bad review? Oops, no reviews anymore. Wonder what the punishment will be..... OLCC? Letter? Lol

FUFred

They tried this about 2 years ago. We had to get 4 sales leads a week or we got a warning letter. Most people did is but it lasted a 4-5 months. Most couriers, myself included, would write up a lead that came in as an business on-call. If I got more then 4 in a week, I'd save it and use it for the next week. One courier wrote down most of the stores in a mall, while he was on a 2 hour break. I think he sent in 70 or so leads.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've never, ever, submitted a sales lead.
When the "sales" guy comes into our sta. and walks the belt in the morning, it's a big joke 'cause no one knows his name. Most people don't even know who he is.

dezguy

I don't even know who our sales guy is for my area. He works out of another station and has never even made an attempt to introduce himself to anyone in my work group. Not that I've ever handed in a sales lead because that's sales job but if I were, why would I do it for someone who doesn't even want to meet the guys who are going to be servicing that area?

Downwardspiral

Our old manager used to stress turning in leads. A number of the ones I submitted panned out to be good leads. Every single one came back with a reason that I wouldn't get a payout for it. I haven't submitted a lead in years and tell managers that is why.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'd like to know when sales is gonna put on a uniform and help us deliver the extra volume.
exactly...I'd say for every lead a courier is expected to turn in per week, that'll be the same number of hours the sales clowns can be expected to have their fat asses out there jockeying packages every week.

That's fair, right?????

This would be like the Coca-Cola Co. demanding it's drivers turn in X amount of sales leads per week, then having a good share of said leads getting siphoned off to Fanta (which is owned by Coca-Cola) and then beating the Coke guys over the head because Fanta is taking over the larger share of their soft drink market.... duhhhh

There is no bottom to the depths of ludicrousness this outfit will stoop.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
exactly...I'd say for every lead a courier is expected to turn in per week, that'll be the same number of hours the sales clowns can be expected to have their fat asses out there jockeying packages every week.

That's fair, right?????

This would be like the Coca-Cola Co. demanding it's drivers turn in X amount of sales leads per week, then having a good share of said leads getting siphoned off to Fanta (which is owned by Coca-Cola) and then beating the Coke guys over the head because Fanta is taking over the larger share of their soft drink market.... duhhhh

There is no bottom to the depths of ludicrousness this outfit will stoop.

Here's my take. Express is getting tons of volume, but it's low-revenue because of all the discounts they give to Amazon etc. That means Fred gets less money per package, so he is beating the bushes for more higher revenue freight. In addition to that, they will try and continue to shift packages over to Ground where the scam ensures high revenues. He's still getting rich, but that means we have to run harder and faster to deliver and keep his profit margin up there where he wants it, and that isn't going to happen.

People aren't willing to run their asses off for nothing in return, by that won't stop Der Fuhrer and his staff from demanding that we do. As our leadership continues to not get it, the pattern will continue, and more good people, including managers, will leave. That leaves a bunch of low-quality Ground types who will be expected to do 15 SPH, be efficient at pickups, and give great customer service. All the bleating and harassment in the world isn't going to solve the problem, so it will continue to get worse as they demand more and try to take what little we have left. I fully expect things like Tuition Refund and the PPA to disappear or be severely modified in the near future as they continue "slash and burn" management from the Ivory Tower of Nonsense.

It absolutely is nonsense, but they're not smart enough to figure it out.