705 and 710 can still push the voting over 50%

cachmeifucan

Help mayday come to Hodgkins IL to the cach facility. To help push the vote no if 705 and 710 vote it down it will put a lot of pressure on the national. IL be outside passing out fliers very soon and hope to have help. Even though we're not in national I'm sure if our vote pushes it over the 50% it will help our legal battle and send a message to ups that this contract is horrible and must improve

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Help mayday come to Hodgkins IL to the cach facility. To help push the vote no if 705 and 710 vote it down it will put a lot of pressure on the national. IL be outside passing out fliers very soon and hope to have help. Even though we're not in national I'm sure if our vote pushes it over the 50% it will help our legal battle and send a message to ups that this contract is horrible and must improve
Have 705 and 710 reached an agreement with ups?

If not you're gonna hand out vote no fliers before an agreement has even been struck?

Which contract? Yours or ours? Our vote is over.

cachmeifucan

Yes I'm ready to vote no. If you go on 705 website you will see our proposal to ups and ups proposal to us light years away from each other. I'm against bonuses being given out I'm for more 22.3 jobs that doesn't include driving, pension increase to the members 100 per full-time year isn't good enough it's been 100 per year for over 25 years I was told. Stronger 9.5 language just a few issues that I know won't be resolved unless we vote down first offer. Now that everyone knows if you don't vote it's considered a yes vote it will be much easier to get people to vote no. Then the national can take notes

Brownslave688

Yes I'm ready to vote no. If you go on 705 website you will see our proposal to ups and ups proposal to us light years away from each other. I'm against bonuses being given out I'm for more 22.3 jobs that doesn't include driving, pension increase to the members 100 per full-time year isn't good enough it's been 100 per year for over 25 years I was told. Stronger 9.5 language just a few issues that I know won't be resolved unless we vote down first offer. Now that everyone knows if you don't vote it's considered a yes vote it will be much easier to get people to vote no. Then the national can take notes
I know you guys haven't had a pension increase in a long time BUT....how is it funded? If the money isn't there and they increase the payout you're just screwing yourselves down the road.

cachmeifucan

How long do you think a upser lives after putting in 35 years of full-time compared to other industries. Brownslav how much is your pension worth probably way more then ours

ski or die

Ski or Die
I know you guys haven't had a pension increase in a long time BUT....how is it funded? If the money isn't there and they increase the payout you're just screwing yourselves down the road.
Local 710 pension fund - 2015 - 84.8%, 2016 - 82.4%, 2017 - 81.1%.This was per letter from 710 dated May 2018. Steadily going down each of last 3 years. If it falls below 80% it is considered in the "endangered status". The percentage has been going down each of the last 3 years, indicates that will probably happen next year. I agree, a larger payout is not feasible with the decline. This is something that should be addressed in the contract negotiations now, not 5 years from now with larger company contributions. If another recession should occur, Local 710 pension could end up like Central States.

Brownslave688

How long do you think a upser lives after putting in 35 years of full-time compared to other industries. Brownslav how much is your pension worth probably way more then ours
It's not drastically different honestly very similar. Where mine is superior is it never tops out. So if I work 40 years I'd probably get a 5000 a month pension.

But it still comes down to funding. You can't just demand more if it's not funded to a point that giving more is an option.

Brownslave688

Local 710 pension fund - 2015 - 84.8%, 2016 - 82.4%, 2017 - 81.1%.This was per letter from 710 dated May 2018. Steadily going down each of last 3 years. If it falls below 80% it is considered in the "endangered status". The percentage has been going down each of the last 3 years, indicates that will probably happen next year. I agree, a larger payout is not feasible with the decline. This is something that should be addressed in the contract negotiations now, not 5 years from now with larger company contributions. If another recession should occur, Local 710 pension could end up like Central States.
As a member that be very troubling. We just had a few years of great stock increases and the percent funded is going down. As a member I would not want a pension increase then.

What if the pension was increased so they are paying more money out and then another long recession hits.....then the pension would have to be cut.

Brownslave688

Do you know what contributions are?

I would imagine ups puts in plenty on behalf of each member. The problem either comes with previous employees being overpromised or if it's a multiemployers other companies going under.