8 hr guarantee violation?

CoolStoryBro

I’m a 20 year upser. Been a pkg driver for 16 years. Started doing back up feeder. Did a night run and after my 10 hour reset I told mgt I want my 8 hr guarantee. Obviously could not do my route so I said give me whatever work you got I’ll sweep the parking lot I don’t care. Got denied. Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday. Work day work week language. I’m just blown away right now.

Please explain yourself more concisely.
We need times. Your guarantee is going to come from the pkg side. If you work a feeder night. for example get done at 10 AM tuesday morning. YOu need to show up wednesday morning at pkg driver start time. Then on wednesday, starting at pkg driver start time, you get your next full day of work. Back up feeder drivers sometimes lose a day of work in the transition from nights to days. If that is a problem and you require your 5 days a week then you need to resign your backup feeder position.

However, YMMV, due to different regional contract language.

IESucks

I’m a 20 year upser. Been a pkg driver for 16 years. Started doing back up feeder. Did a night run and after my 10 hour reset I told mgt I want my 8 hr guarantee. Obviously could not do my route so I said give me whatever work you got I’ll sweep the parking lot I don’t care. Got denied. Called the president of my local and he flip flopped. Are we not guaranteed 8 hr a day Monday through Friday. Work day work week language. I’m just blown away right now.
You need more important things to worry about

IESucks

Please explain yourself more concisely.
We need times. Your guarantee is going to come from the pkg side. If you work a feeder night. for example get done at 10 AM tuesday morning. YOu need to show up wednesday morning at pkg driver start time. Then on wednesday, starting at pkg driver start time, you get your next full day of work. Back up feeder drivers sometimes lose a day of work in the transition from nights to days. If that is a problem and you require your 5 days a week then you need to resign your backup feeder position.

However, YMMV, due to different regional contract language.
Yawn

CoolStoryBro

Dude came here and asked a question. I gave him the answer. This is how it works in my local.

Do you understand that? Maybe I'll say it slower so someone with your abilities can understand.

Some guy is having a problem. He posted a message on Browncafe. He has a question. He is not sure if he is right or management is right. I know how this works procedurally in my local. I let him know how it works in my local. Because we have different contracts it might be different in his local.

So what is the point of your one liner posts? They are complete wastes of time.

COOL STORY BRO

542thruNthru

Dude came here and asked a question. I gave him the answer. This is how it works in my local.

Do you understand that? Maybe I'll say it slower so someone with your abilities can understand.

Some guy is having a problem. He posted a message on Browncafe. He has a question. He is not sure if he is right or management is right. I know how this works procedurally in my local. I let him know how it works in my local. Because we have different contracts it might be different in his local.

COOL STORY BRO

Dude ignore him. He's a retired teamster that just comes on here because he has absolutely no life now that he is retired. I mean seriously look at his screen name. What retired driver uses a name like that... one that can't move on that's who.

So in short he is a TROLL. Go enjoy your weekend. :)

IESucks

Dude ignore him. He's a retired teamster that just comes on here because he has absolutely no life now that he is retired. I mean seriously look at his screen name. What retired driver uses a name like that... one that can't move on that's who.

So in short he is a TROLL. Go enjoy your weekend. :)
Hi kettle

542thruNthru

Hi kettle

tenor-6.gif

theshizz

COOL STORY BRO

Hahah thanks man it really was just a question and people spiral out of control. I appreciate your response

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Surprised the center wasn’t begging you to come in and do whatever... don’t know how many times my route sat in the building before they realized I wasn’t coming in because I had no hours from working the night before... happen more than a few times. Does seniority play into the OP situation.... if there was an extra route run where a lower seniority driver worked could he grieve for that since he was forced to run the feeder job??? That’s the problem with being a backup, you have one leg in both the pkg and feeder operations.... even though technically feeder owns you...