804 President to step down after members see video on controversy

Brown Spider

I hope there 50 guys in referee uniforms on at the GM meeting! Whistles, flags and signs! Etc!!

Tim said board would be voting on what to do with Liam this week!!! What will happen to Boy Wonder???

Come on son!

How'd all that work out for you at the membership meeting? Whistles? Flags? Signs? 50 guys in referee uniforms? I must have missed all that hoopla you were hoping for! Ah...maybe I was just distracted by the 30 or so guys wearing shirts in support of Liam. Or maybe I was paying too much attention to the Maspeth guys who went to the mic in support of Liam. By the way, I was surprised that neither you, don't know what I voted for or bigduh hit the mic with your dueling banjos.

mj924

Sad part is 250 drivers now have a 10 day suspension in their Pittsburgh. Now watch the company pick them off one by one.

804 member

It is sad but the 250 are on a hit list and slowly we will have the Maspeth 249... Maspeth 248... Maspeth 247......... management can't wait to have Tim in the building to defend them on bogus changes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

It is sad but the 250 are on a hit list and slowly we will have the Maspeth 249... Maspeth 248... Maspeth 247......... management can't wait to have Tim in the building to defend them on bogus changes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

How the hell would you know if the "250 are on a hit list"? And how would you know how management feels about "Tim in the building"? I don't know if you attended the Sunday membership meeting, but those Maspeth 250 members who did attend and spoke out seemed pretty damn proud of the action that they took! They also seemed pleased that this issue is resolved and they're going back to work! It appears that those who are now wailing that the sky is falling are the same "members" who were convinced that the Maspeth 250 were doomed and would never return! This was an ugly situation, but the Maspeth 250 and Local 804 got through it! The customer videos were great! The political support was great! The petitions were great! If there is any retaliation, Local 804 will deal with it! I really hate to say it...but it appears that some of you had hoped for a much worse outcome to serve your own political agenda! Those of you who feel that way may pay dues to the Teamsters...but you're not brothers of mine!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How the hell would you know if the "250 are on a hit list"? And how would you know how management feels about "Tim in the building"? I don't know if you attended the Sunday membership meeting, but those Maspeth 250 members who did attend and spoke out seemed pretty damn proud of the action that they took! They also seemed pleased that this issue is resolved and they're going back to work! It appears that those who are now wailing that the sky is falling are the same "members" who were convinced that the Maspeth 250 were doomed and would never return! This was an ugly situation, but the Maspeth 250 and Local 804 got through it! The customer videos were great! The political support was great! The petitions were great! If there is any retaliation, Local 804 will deal with it! I really hate to say it...but it appears that some of you had hoped for a much worse outcome to serve your own political agenda! Those of you who feel that way may pay dues to the Teamsters...but you're not brothers of mine!
Sometimes you have to take a step back, to take two steps forward.

Brown Spider

Sad part is 250 drivers now have a 10 day suspension in their Pittsburgh. Now watch the company pick them off one by one.

What's really sad is that you seem to think that the company can just "pick them off one by one." And the Union would just let that happen? And the Public Advocate and the City Council would just go away? And the customers who appeared in the videos would just give up! And the petitioners would just surrender to UPS? Your faith in the "company" is worthy of a low level supervisor! An your faith in the Union is...well...also worthy of a low level supervisor!

Marne Vet

So I just watched a video with this guy....
Curlyhoward.jpg

member6045

There was not many drivers there who supported the walkout there @ the GM meeting! Unless your going to say the people with the blue shirts were them and that was not the case! There were drivers from several buildings wearing those blue shirts!

I enjoy the TDU spin @ 804. If you don't believe the members are upset your clueless! You actually have the most dangerous group against you now! The silent majority! There not gonna say anything to your face! There gonna say high and bye! Then put the screws to you later.

Time for damage control!

Last edited:

Stratocaster

There was not many drivers there who supported the walkout there @ the GM meeting! Unless your going to say the people with the blue shirts were them and that was not the case! There were drivers from several buildings wearing those blue shirts!

I enjoy the TDU spin @ 804. If you don't believe the members are upset your clueless! You actually have the most dangerous group against you now! The silent majority! There not gonna say anything to your face! There gonna say high and bye! Then put the screws to you later.

Time for damage control!

Hey Member60, I had 14 guys from my center alone that attended. Oh by the way, two of them come up to the mic. You should remember the one that turn to the membership and said that he will gladly take his suspension without pay, when one fool that's not even in Maspeth, yelled "is Liam gonna pay"? Maspeth came in numbers and showed their support for Liam.

Sent using BrownCafe App

teamster 804

I keep hearing about all this support for a guy who made a decision that in no way shape or form no matter how you spin it should have been made.If so many members you speak of support and condone actions such as this they cannot be too sharp,one more major screwup like this 804 won't be a local anymore.Review ave will be a future site for a McDonalds and we will all be screwed.Spare us the support propaganda I can't find an employee in my building that thinks this was anything but a disaster that never should have occurred.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

Time for damage control!

Oh...so now you're counting on Richard Nixon's famous "silent majority"? Whatever happened to the 50 guys in referee uniforms, the whistles and the signs you were hoping for before the meeting? How about the Maspeth drivers who took the mic and strongly supported Liam? Not part of your "silent majority", huh? And the 30 or so guys wearing shirts in support of Liam? Again...not part of your "silent majority", huh?

You just aren't going to get it, member 60blowhard! The Maspeth 250 engaged in a job action because they were sick and tired of UPS violating the contract! They were sick and tired of the push button gestapo mentality of UPS management! They were pushed to the limit when one of their co-workers was being harassed for production after being hit by a car on the job and spending 9 days in a coma! The Maspeth 250 took a stand! Yes...it was a tough stand to take...not one for the weak-kneed or faint of heart, but it was UPS that pushed these guys into taking that stand. And it was UPS that was forced to back down in the end!

Labor battles like this sometimes happen when a rogue employer doesn't realize that he's just crossed the line. It takes some serious backbone to stand up and put it all on the line! The Maspeth 250 showed that they have that backbone. I'm not convinced that your "silent majority" is up to the task. Their silence was deafening at the membership meeting! Very much like your own...sorta' like the silence of the lambs.

not what i voted for

Oh...so now you're counting on Richard Nixon's famous "silent majority"? Whatever happened to the 50 guys in referee uniforms, the whistles and the signs you were hoping for before the meeting? How about the Maspeth drivers who took the mic and strongly supported Liam? Not part of your "silent majority", huh? And the 30 or so guys wearing shirts in support of Liam? Again...not part of your "silent majority", huh?

You just aren't going to get it, member 60blowhard! The Maspeth 250 engaged in a job action because they were sick and tired of UPS violating the contract! They were sick and tired of the push button gestapo mentality of UPS management! They were pushed to the limit when one of their co-workers was being harassed for production after being hit by a car on the job and spending 9 days in a coma! The Maspeth 250 took a stand! Yes...it was a tough stand to take...not one for the weak-kneed or faint of heart, but it was UPS that pushed these guys into taking that stand. And it was UPS that was forced to back down in the end!

Labor battles like this sometimes happen when a rogue employer doesn't realize that he's just crossed the line. It takes some serious backbone to stand up and put it all on the line! The Maspeth 250 showed that they have that backbone. I'm not convinced that your "silent majority" is up to the task. Their silence was deafening at the membership meeting! Very much like your own...sorta' like the silence of the lambs.

It is over for your boys, they are going to be the lambs in the next election. They were elected the last election not by the majority of 804 members but because three slates ran. If they figure out that they need to unite to save this Local your boys will hear from the SILENT MAJORITY !!!
And then I will have to change my screen name, unless they do what your boys did when given the chance. You pay dues Spider but your not a Teamster.

Inthegame

It is over for your boys, they are going to be the lambs in the next election. They were elected the last election not by the majority of 804 members but because three slates ran. If they figure out that they need to unite to save this Local your boys will hear from the SILENT MAJORITY !!!
And then I will have to change my screen name, unless they do what your boys did when given the chance. You pay dues Spider but your not a Teamster.
Blue and bold! Looks like you mean business now. What will Tim do...stay tuned for future posts from "Clowns with keyboards"

Brown Spider

A bit early to predict the outcome of the next election, don't ya' think? Who besides member 0 clue and bigduh have you actually polled? Doesn't appear that you listened to the majority of the members at the last meeting. If you really want to jump to the front of the pack in the next election, one of the three of you is going to have to come out of the closet and hit a mic at a meeting. And that could prove to be disastrous!

I wouldn't bank on the 3 slate issue if I were you. It's just not that uncommon for the combined total votes of 2 losing slates to total more than the total votes of the winning slate. Case in point: 1992 IBT election for General President...Carey, 48.5%, Durham, 33.2% and Shea, 18.3%.

Don't know who you think I am, but why would I pay dues if I was not a Teamster? How many non-Teamsters do you think are paying dues to Local 804?
If you know who I am and you really think you're right, challenge my vote at the next election count. See how that works out for ya'.

Last edited: