8hr request vs 9.5 list

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why not do both? Every time they deny your 8hr request, file and submit another as often as they deny. Filing for 9.5 isn't exclusive of not filing on 8 hour denials.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I don't plan it like that.

In simple math you take stops and divide it by SPC to get the amount of routes. Then take the volume and divide in by the NDPPH to get on road hours. Your on road hours divided by your routes gives you the paid day. You factor in growth to get some wiggle room. That is usually where I can fit another route in to drop the paid day.

You don't use the paid day as a target, you use SPC. That is the number they care about more. It can usually shake out to drop your paid day. I don't care what the IE planned paid day is as long as I hit SPC and NDPPH because those are actual production numbers.
I don't care about any of that.

Slow walker

I have never gotten an 8 hour day when requested. I get the day off or I file for the two extra hours. I've worked 10 hours on an 8 hour request. I'm tired of hearing management say we're under staffed. NOT MY PROBLEM!!

barnyard

KTM rider
I am on the 9/5 list and had an 8 hour request on Friday. The route that I was on can get NDA that wrecks the plan. Friday, all my air was on route and I was done in 7.4. Perfect Friday dispatch.

Until a new ORS came to our building, there were 3 or 4 guys that had ever been on the 9/5 list. Once on it, the bosses did everything they could to keep them off it after their time expired. Our average paid day was under 9, usually around 8.7 or so and most everyone was very happy.

New ORS wants to cut miles. Easiest way is to cut routes. Paid day goes way up, 9/5 list explodes and now they are scrambling to keep a few others from grieving onto the 9/5 list.

There is always grumbling in the breakroom, now there is grumbling everywhere.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is the 9.5 list useless? 9.5 is still not getting done until 7:10 with a 9:10 start and taking your half hour for lunch. I'd prefer getting 4 8hr request per month in lieu of a 9.5 list. With an 8hr day you can still get to those important things in your kids lives. Thoughts?
Don't you get a hour lunch?

And if you really need the day, Call Out! They cannot be trusted so don't chance it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Until a new ORS came to our building, there were 3 or 4 guys that had ever been on the 9/5 list. Once on it, the bosses did everything they could to keep them off it after their time expired. Our average paid day was under 9, usually around 8.7 or so and most everyone was very happy.

New ORS wants to cut miles. Easiest way is to cut routes. Paid day goes way up, 9/5 list explodes and now they are scrambling to keep a few others from grieving onto the 9/5 list.

There is always grumbling in the breakroom, now there is grumbling everywhere.
Heard some rumblings about that guy..