9.5 during vacation week

DOK

I have a vacation coming up and I'm sure they're going to ask me to work it to help out. I know from doing it in the past I get paid double time all day but I was wondering if I am able to file 9.5 grievances on top of it?
What’s your supplement agreement? I’d like to check out the language and get the option of being able to work a vacation put into ours.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm sure you are making a funny, right?
Nope.

$37.71 at time and a half is $56.56.
Divide that by 60 mins in an hour you get $.942 per minute times ten is $9.42 per day. Times five days a week is $47.13. Times 52 weeks a year is $2451 per year. If you get a paid break, don’t skip it, you’re only stealing this much money from yourself.

Central Region language.

(c) "Local past practice shall prevail regarding the duration of the meal and rest periods. In areas where the Employer has a 10:30 a.m. air commitment, breaks will be taken so as to not jeopardize the delivery guarantee."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf
Still does not apply to here. I could waste time double checking, but never saw it. They start delivery guys so late now it really doesn't matter either way. They get out of building often after commitment time anyway. Definitely does not affect me at all. Lol.

Nope.

$37.71 at time and a half is $56.56.
Divide that by 60 mins in an hour you get $.942 per minute times ten is $9.42 per day. Times five days a week is $47.13. Times 52 weeks a year is $2451 per year. If you get a paid break, don’t skip it, you’re only stealing this much money from yourself.
Point is- doesn't matter WHEN you take it as long as you DO take it. If you take it before 8 hours, it still adds ten minutes to your total day. Unless you just feel better being on actual OT at time of break? Hope you get my little point.