9.5 Grievance Result...On Topic

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Filed about a month ago. Just got the letter in the mail today.

“Your grievance was settled/heard and the decision rendered was: NON-CONTINUAL 8 (EIGHT) WEEKS BETWEEN VIOLATIONS.”

Yeah, I get that. It was the first time they effed up since I got on the list back in May. The part they didn’t make clear is whether or not I’ll get a check. What say you experts?
Ask your BA. If he says no ask why. When he gives a weak answer ask for the local presidents contact info. If he says no tell them you'll file labor charges. 9:5 is cut and dry. You go over you get paid.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You can always file, but 2 violations in 8 weeks would never be upheld as continual.
Three out of 4 weeks, absolutely. It's not a loophole to for the company
to avoid paying you.... it's what would be considered "reasonable".

And you wondered why we all said the language in the contract offer was garbage and wanted it fixed before the vote.

There is no panel that would award you penalty pay for that situation.

Not when "our" side of the panel is like you and says 3 out of 4 weeks is to be the definition of "continual." But hey, only letting the company :censored2: us 1/2 the month is ok by you!

You disgust me!

Slug Life

When do we eat?
And you wondered why we all said the language in the contract offer was garbage and wanted it fixed before the vote.

Not when "our" side of the panel is like you and says 3 out of 4 weeks is to be the definition of "continual." But hey, only letting the company :censored2: us 1/2 the month is ok by you!

You disgust me!
No :censored2: right. You get on the list that is their que to not hammer you going forward. I can promise you pulling shady moves like this only motivates someone to slow it down another gear.
Which in turn will result and keeping a steady flow of 9.5’s coming. Any Union Guy big or small agreeing with this is laughable.