9.5 is a joke

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS Jedi mind-trick drivers into believing that coming in at 8pm is ok now. I'm amazed at the amount of drivers still out daily past 730-800 pm. It wasn't that long ago that if a driver was continually out past 8, he'd be in the center manager office getting chewed out. 8pm is the new 7pm. You will be out past 20:00 everyday..................................
Getting chewed out for performance....must be a weak local

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I know how it works, so do they....

they tried the " you didn't fold in your mirrors at that stop"

I replied, "it's an industrial complex, why would I do that?"

lol

If you're working over 9.5, yes get on the list and file every time they violate...
Folding in the mirrors is a request not a method. Also, it's an unsafe behavior you are not required to do. My Sup asked me to fold in the mirror on a safety ride. Every stop, I made it a point to fold both sets in. Took a while. But got it done.

35years

Gravy route
I have helped more than one under 4 year driver get on the list. They need to learn how and not just believe management that the can't get on.
There's nothing to learn. You're either on a bid or you're not.

That's what management wants you to believe.
Read the contract language:
Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

We have drivers who have not won a bid on the 9.5 list.

We have drivers who have covered routes which are not "bid routes" get on the list.

We have drivers on the list who only did the same "non-bid" route for one week, then got bounced around...9.5 protection still applies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-The route done by the grievant does not have to be a bid route won by the grievant
2-The route, if only covered by the grievant, does not have to be a route that has been won by any driver...Same area each day for a week, but not a bid route.
3-The grievant still has 9.5 protection for 5 months, once on the list, no matter what work he does.

Grey

That's what management wants you to believe.
Read the contract language:
Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

We have drivers who have not won a bid on the 9.5 list.

We have drivers who have covered routes which are not "bid routes" get on the list.

We have drivers on the list who only did the same "non-bid" route for one week, then got bounced around...9.5 protection still applies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-The route done by the grievant does not have to be a bid route won by the grievant
2-The route, if only covered by the grievant, does not have to be a route that has been won by any driver...Same area each day for a week, but not a bid route.
3-The grievant still has 9.5 protection for 5 months, once on the list, no matter what work he does.

So how does a under-4 driver who's not on a permanent bid, weekly bid or assigned route get on the 9.5 list?

542thruNthru

So how does a under-4 driver who's not on a permanent bid, weekly bid or assigned route get on the 9.5 list?

If he does 1 or 2. If he does the same route for a week and goes over 9.5 3 times in that week he can get on the list. If the driver is doing a route for the week but us moved off it by management and goes over 9.5 3 times in a week he can go on the list. The driver does not have to have 4 years in those two scenarios.

Grey

If he does 1 or 2. If he does the same route for a week and goes over 9.5 3 times in that week he can get on the list. If the driver is doing a route for the week but us moved off it by management and goes over 9.5 3 times in a week he can go on the list. The driver does not have to have 4 years in those two scenarios.

None of that applies to my question. If an under 4-year driver is not on a bid or not on a route for the week (bid or not) he can't file.

babboo25

Banned
Leaving the building on time would solve alot of the 9.5 problems. We used to start at 815, rarely had to break trace for nda. Would also cut alot of unnecessary miles. Now we're lucky to leave by 915, gotta run straight air and then backtrack.

542thruNthru

None of that applies to my question. If an under 4-year driver is not on a bid or not on a route for the week (bid or not) he can't file.

Yes you're correct. Though I don't know about your center but here there is no way a driver goes a whole year not being on a route at least once. All it takes is once and you're on the list for 5 months.

Grey

Yes you're correct. Though I don't know about your center but here there is no way a driver goes a whole year not being on a route at least once. All it takes is once and you're on the list for 5 months.

I'm not arguing that point. You can be on the 9.5 list but it's meaningless unless the under-4's on are on a route for the week (bid or assigned).

zero

I just got on 9.5 list. Being told by others I have to send diad message every day to let them know if im going to make it or not. Bull crap or not? I didnt read anything like that in contract.

542thruNthru

I just got on 9.5 list. Being told by others I have to send diad message every day to let them know if im going to make it or not. Bull crap or not? I didnt read anything like that in contract.

We are instructed to do the same thing here. We have to msg them before 2pm. We've had one guy get a warning letter for it for not following instructions.

35years

Gravy route
They will pull all kinds of crap.
Here is some of the lies they tried here:

-Under 4 years you can't be on the list
-Under 4 years and don't have your own route, you can't be on the list.
-Covering a route were the regular driver is not on the list...Can't file.
-Not on your own bid route...Can't file.
-Covering a non-bid route...Can't file.
-On the list but doing 3 routes this week...Can't file
-Over allowed...Can't file
-Did not have anyone in the loop to help...Can't file.
-Other drivers in the loop have 8 hr days...Can't file.
-New calendar year, 9.5 coverage doesn't carry over.
-We will keep your stops down if you drop the penalty pay demand.
-You get a warning letter for going over even if you informed them.

None of these lies/excuses held up. Do not believe their words. File and demand the penalty pay for every 3 day violation.

ManInBrown

Complete BS. Not your problem. They know the kind of day they dispatched you with. I'm on the 9.5 and am over 3-5 days per week. File File File. In the last 8 weeks there was only 1 week I didn't File. Was over 9.5 twice. Every other week slammed. Free money. Don't expect anything to change. File every single week. Make em pay

ManInBrown

Then your manager would be the one betting you will not file for, and demand the penalty pay.
Not true. There was never a doubt that I was going to file every week they violated me. They know the type of person I am. I don't bluff. Nothing changed. They just pay the grievances.