9.5 is a joke

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Not true for under 4 year drivers.

IMG_1342.GIF

Grey

Who is telling you it's not true? Your center manager/OR?

Every steward we've had in our center.

For under-4 drivers only... If you're on a route for the week and go over 3x you can file to get on the 9.5 (nobody is arguing that).

You're on the list for 5 months, but you can't file for 9.5 pay unless you go over 3 days while on a bid or assigned route for that week (of any of the 5 months). Again that is regarding under 4-drivers only.

LeadBelly

Banned
@wide load @BigUnionGuy @Inthegame @LeadBelly Would you say that is correct. I know that's how it is here. I just don't want to give him false information.
If you are under four years in seniority you need to be a bid driver or be assigned the same route for the week. In the central region we have bid coverage drivers. These drivers get to pick their route for the following week.

They choose from routes where the bid driver is on vacation, disability ( this has to be taken for the duration of the disability, and comp. Comp is the same as disability.

Now is you aren't a bid coverage driver and the company keeps you on the same route for the week you can get on the list, but it's only good for weeks you run the same route for the week. If you can't pick I'm betting the company doesn't put you on the same route for the week.

542thruNthru

If you are under four years in seniority you need to be a bid driver or be assigned the same route for the week. In the central region we have bid coverage drivers. These drivers get to pick their route for the following week.

They choose from routes where the bid driver is on vacation, disability ( this has to be taken for the duration of the disability, and comp. Comp is the same as disability.

Now is you aren't a bid coverage driver and the company keeps you on the same route for the week you can get on the list, but it's only good for weeks you run the same route for the week. If you can't pick I'm betting the company doesn't put you on the same route for the week.

That's interesting. Here if you are on the list they have to keep you under 9.5 just like anyone else.

a911scanner

But none of you mentioned the harassment, 3 day rides & following on route that comes with a 9.5 list selection.

No matter how we see it, the language is bad and must be rewritten in the next contract.

I'm all for the "9.5 and under" for everyone unless you sign the "volunteer for over 9.5 list" type of language in the future.

twoweeled

It got bad here years ago.
BA came in day after day and told everyone to get on the list and they will get paid the penalty. He told everyone that when they hear your grievance do not settle for promises (demand to be paid the penalty).

We had 75% of the blg on the list. Grievances were filed by everyone on the list.

He flopped 70 grievances on the labor managers desk and said "What are we going to do about this"?

He threatened that since no progress has been made he would have to ask at panel to have the Union in on dispatching decisions.

It worked, they absolutely did not want the Union making dispatch decisions. 12 more drivers were hired and worked daily. The drivers on the list are now working about 45 hrs a week for 3 years running.

Get everyone to file. It works..
DAMN!!! Not your average everyday BA. BA didn't bargain away the grievances with; they promise not to do it anymore, and you're not getting paid?
You wanna keep that BA.

twoweeled

On Wednesday I punched out at 12:19am worked 13.99. Worked 11.42 on Monday and 11.08 today.Thats a 7.99 hr bonus for this week. Plus on going to file on Article 18 because they put my safety and the public at risk on Wednesday working me till after midnight.
DAMN!!! I once worked till 2330 (11:30) and I had never met anyone who worked later. I probably started at 8:00 ish. Yeah, weigh over!! Beat by 4.5 hours!
How ya like me now, Mr Manager?? There's something behind keeping you out till then. They were planning on auditing me when I returned, so I was gonna get make an attempt on EVERYTHING . "let's play"!!
Job well done, driver. Job well done.
8xuFSa2.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That seriously needs to be addressed

twoweeled

That's interesting. Here if you are on the list they have to keep you under 9.5 just like anyone else.
I know nothing about this, but! If I understand correctly. Couldn't the utility driver be considered a bid driver also, being as he bids every week? bottom man might lose the argument, but there's only one bottom man. Drivers bidding on a run forever or utility bidding on a route weekly, couldn't they both be considered bid drivers? Or is there language on that too?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Nice. I'm ignorant to the new language regarding the 9.5 list. Thanks! I would assume the term "excessive overtime" is subjective and open to interpretation? Or has excessive OT been defined? I also wasn't aware they could load you up for 2 days. Appears to be working fairly well!
I've challenged over 10 hours to be excessive. 9.6 probably not. But start making over 10's a precedent.

I've challenged over 10 hours to be excessive. 9.6 probably not. But start making over 10's a precedent.
You need a cut off somewhere. For years UPS had a problem with you going over 9.5.
Because way back then it was cheaper to put routes in if you was over 9.5. every day.

Now the price of health insurance and pension contributions, they want the least amount of people as possible