9.5 Language New Contract

8000Shelf

Can't find the Language in the new contract that states "everyone is on the 9.5 list unless you opt off it". I only saw this on Union publications when pushing the yes vote and heard it word of mouth thru fellow drivers.
The new contract 9.5 language only states that the union controls the opt in list, once in January and once in June.
??????

Can't find the Language in the new contract that states "everyone is on the 9.5 list unless you opt off it". I only saw this on Union publications when pushing the yes vote and heard it word of mouth thru fellow drivers.
The new contract 9.5 language only states that the union controls the opt in list, once in January and once in June.
??????
I believe you can tell your steward if you want on or off the list.

Poop Head

Judge me.
As I understand, stewards should ask every driver in Jan and June if they want to opt into the list. Otherwise you can notify your steward at anytime of the year and either be opted in or out with a 1 week delay

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
??????

Article 37 Section 1) c.

(c) The Union shall circulate and collect the names of package drivers who wish to be covered by the provisions of this Section twice each year. These lists shall be provided to the Company by January 5th and June 5th of each year.

The “opt-in” lists provided by the Union shall become effective on January 15th and June 15th. A driver may add or delete his/ her name from the list at any time, with one week’s notice to the Employer.

That's a basic highlight, from the new language.

8000Shelf

Article 37 Section 1) c.

(c) The Union shall circulate and collect the names of package drivers who wish to be covered by the provisions of this Section twice each year. These lists shall be provided to the Company by January 5th and June 5th of each year.

The “opt-in” lists provided by the Union shall become effective on January 15th and June 15th. A driver may add or delete his/ her name from the list at any time, with one week’s notice to the Employer.

That's a basic highlight, from the new language.
Yes this is what I thought.
So my fellow rumor prone drivers are mistaken once again... It will be easier to opt on/off the list but there is no catch all "everyone is automatically on the 9.5" like everyone in my building thinks.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In order to be under this protection you must be on a route or bid driver, or cover driver that has bid a vacation route even if reassigned. Also applies if you have met progression or 4 years or more driving full time. Pretty much the same rules as the old contract but with the union in charge of the list and being able to opt out or in at anytime.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yes this is what I thought.
So my fellow rumor prone drivers are mistaken once again... It will be easier to opt on/off the list but there is no catch all "everyone is automatically on the 9.5" like everyone in my building thinks.
You would be automatically on it as long as you tell your steward you want on the list on those dates given. You will not have to go over 9.5 in order to get on the list. You will still have to file a grievance in order to get payed penalty pay if you violate and are the list.