A conspiracy theory. If the Healthcare was planed from get go, how deep could it be?

kingOFchester

If UPS and the Union had plans from the get go to have all healthcare in a teamsters fund, what are the chances that it goes deeper? That the Union, who endorsed Obama, has plans to eventually to get us all under the Obozzo-care??

Just something that crossed my mind.

stink219

I think it maybe more about RTW states. If the union controls health in the RTW states, do they need to offer health to those that "opt out of the union"? Kinda like, If you pay dues you get health care. Not sure of the legalities but I'm all for that!

bbsam

Staff member
Re: A conspiracy theory. If the Healthcare was planed from get go, how deep could it

I asked it before. Does Obamacare even allow for the union to act as a middleman? Is the company fulfilling its obligation or has the union found a new "cash cow"?

kingOFchester

Re: A conspiracy theory. If the Healthcare was planed from get go, how deep could it

I asked it before. Does Obamacare even allow for the union to act as a middleman? Is the company fulfilling its obligation or has the union found a new "cash cow"?

Who knows.

How would anyone be able to read, comprehend and explain all the rules, regulations of obaamacare?

Obamacare-Regulations.jpg
Obamacare-Regulations.jpg

Ms.PacMan

Is the company fulfilling its obligation or has the union found a new "cash cow"?
Ding, ding, ding, ding we have a winner!

There will be no Obamacare - the law says that anyone eligible for employer sponsored health plans are not eligible for the exchanges.

bbsam

Staff member

Really? A year later and people still haven't read it? That's just lazy. People have time to read 5"50 Shades of Grey" but not this?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it maybe more about RTW states. If the union controls health in the RTW states, do they need to offer health to those that "opt out of the union"? Kinda like, If you pay dues you get health care. Not sure of the legalities but I'm all for that!

Not legal.

HubBub

That would be great, but I doubt it would fly in those states, at least not for long. Are RTW leeches included in Teamster pension funds?

balland chain

I think your right Stink, if your not a Union member how can you be eligible for Union healthcare?? Just like those life insurance cards we get from the Union.. I am sure the ones who are not in the Union dont get them...They will be able to force all RTW state's UPSers to join the Union if they want the insurance..Good Point !

bbsam

Staff member

So who is supplying the insurance? The union or the company?

saintrick

Non union members work under the CBA. If health care is in the contract they get it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

​Definitely illegal.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

If the union controlling healthcare is the worst thing that ever happened, how come none of you we're concerned about those of us that have had it all these years?

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
It will eventually all be obamacare. I do not blame the company for trying to get out of it while they can, I wouldn't want to be forking out money for healthcare for employees if the government is guaranteeing everyone coverage.

Thank your president.

That would be illegal but I hate the GOP so much I wish we could organize that to be put on a ballot. It would be genious.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It will eventually all be obamacare. I do not blame the company for trying to get out of it while they can, I wouldn't want to be forking out money for healthcare for employees if the government is guaranteeing everyone coverage.

Thank your president.

This is the limits: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010) imposes an annual excise tax on plans with premiums exceeding $10,200 for individuals or $27,500 for a family (not including vision and dental benefits) starting in 2018.[SUP][4][/SUP]

The Teamsters were able to get an exemption for Unions.
The cost for UPS to provide an individual healthcare insurance is $9592 and $19,184 for a family.
This is getting close to meeting the limits for an individual.

Another reason for UPS to let the Teamsters assume the provider role since the Union is exempt.

stink219

RTW could be so simple. Your choice is "union" or "non union". If you join the union you should be under the collective bargaining. If you decide non union, you should be left to negotiate your own term since its your RIGHT TO WORK. Obviously labor laws would apply.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

RTW could be so simple. Your choice is "union" or "non union". If you join the union you should be under the collective bargaining. If you decide non union, you should be left to negotiate your own term since its your RIGHT TO WORK. Obviously labor laws would apply.

And if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butt!

ups hero

Really? A year later and people still haven't read it? That's just lazy. People have time to read 5"50 Shades of Grey" but not this?
What dude is going to read this book? My wife has, and I'm sure many female upsers have, but honestly. What kind of man would sit to read these books???

Returntosender

What dude is going to read this book? My wife has, and I'm sure many female upsers have, but honestly. What kind of man would sit to read these books???
When book was the talk of town I listened to certain chapters in audio book found on youtube while working out. Corny sadomasochism its unrestrained passion/fantasy sex for Christian. Anna just has to deal with him.