A Government Misinformation Board ??? KGB ???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
well to be fair were likely in late stage capitalism and it will probably end too

The only way it ends is to take away people's property rights. Wait a minute...

images (7).jpeg

rickyb

It's a great thing to have the option to lease or own. Your circumstances don't equate to others'. To lease something, someone else must own it. How does that work in a post property rights world?
Not sure. I always thought of it like a library system but in that case the govt would own it. i would guess steve keen or richard wolff have commented 9n this

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not sure. I always thought of it like a library system but in that case the govt would own it. i would guess steve keen or richard wolff have commented 9n this

Who produces stuff? How is it paid for? What happens when there's a shortage? Who determines who gets what and for how long?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What is property, ultimately who owns it?

property​

n. anything that is owned by a person or entity. Property is divided into two types: "real property" which is any interest in land, real estate, growing plants or the improvements on it, and "personal property" (sometimes called "personalty") which is everything else. "Common property" is ownership by more than one person of the same possession. "Community property" is a form of joint ownership between husband and wife recognized in several states. "Separate property" is property owned by one spouse only in a community property state, or a married woman's sole ownership in some states. "Public property," refers to ownership by a governmental body such as the federal, state, county or city governments or their agencies (e.g. school or redevelopment districts). The government, and, in particular, the courts are obligated to protect property rights and to help clarify ownership.

floridays

property​

n. anything that is owned by a person or entity. Property is divided into two types: "real property" which is any interest in land, real estate, growing plants or the improvements on it, and "personal property" (sometimes called "personalty") which is everything else. "Common property" is ownership by more than one person of the same possession. "Community property" is a form of joint ownership between husband and wife recognized in several states. "Separate property" is property owned by one spouse only in a community property state, or a married woman's sole ownership in some states. "Public property," refers to ownership by a governmental body such as the federal, state, county or city governments or their agencies (e.g. school or redevelopment districts). The government, and, in particular, the courts are obligated to protect property rights and to help clarify ownership.
I know what property is. It was rhetorical, except to @rickyb, give him a chance.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
renting skis likely makes more sense than owning them, but not the way the market externalizes the true cost
you don't understand what they mean when they say you'll own nothing

you imagine a benign system where everything is rented or shared as needed

in reality, communal sharing works like this:
rental system.jpg

rickyb

you don't understand what they mean when they say you'll own nothing

you imagine a benign system where everything is rented or shared as needed

in reality, communal sharing works like this:
View attachment 383598
and yet we have libraries where guns are not pointed at us

im well aware ppl owning nothing can be a bad thing in the sense ppl cant afford to own anything like a car for example.