A Shill Is Born

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He'll try to escape and keep telling his cohorts that he's a "Dapper Dan man Gawd D&^MIT!" and "DAMN BOYS, WE'RE IN A TIGHT SPOT!" Or maybe he'll wink at us when he tells us that he's a member of a "Certain secret organization that don't need mentioning.."

In The Jailhouse Now - O Brother Where Art Tho

Sorry, been having trouble sleeping lately...lmao!

Fred will learn to yodel the first night he's introduced to his new boyfriend.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Here's a prediction. You will mysteriously disappear from BC once the "restructuring" process begins full force in October. Your usefulness and purpose will both be finished. I'll ask the same question Ricochet1a did of you. What's going to happen to all of those faithful Purple People in October? I notice you didn't address the issue of FedEx actively diverting business away from the Express opco to the Ground, Office, and Freight opcos. Why is that?

What do you want me to say?

No libel issues here, but I don't have the resources or time to defend myself against FedEx, especially with an opponent who has stacked the deck. If and when I get something going, you'd be one of the first to know since it is your job to defend FedEx at all times. What username will you be assuming then?

Why would I change my username?

59 Dano

Why does Ground keep growing? Because it's cheap. And how did it get so cheap? Well, you create a scam system where "employees" aren't considered employees and pay them starvation wages with zero benefits. Wages so low that the government helps subsidize health care costs and perhaps even food stamps.Then you pass-off as many operating costs as possible to a "contractor" who gets paid a handsome sum to make the whole deal look legitimate. Then you have FedEx managers run the entire operation with an iron fist to ensure that FedEx policies and plans are followed to the letter. That's why the operating margin is 5 times that of Express. Fred has built himself a UPS clone with a fraction of the labor costs and zero benefit costs (for drivers). Ground's "success" is more the result of a corrupt CEO/Chairman exploiting an equally corrupt legislative system that is up for sale.

Have Fred (and Ground) won? Most definitely....for now. You'll keep right on growing until the legal system catches up with the scam. "No way Fred's going to stand for that!!" Hopefully, he'll wind up in prison where he belongs once the payoff trail gets exposed. Fred S is a corporate criminal.

And you're an expert on the legal system with an MBA!

59 Dano

Why does Ground keep growing? Because it's cheap. And how did it get so cheap? Well, you create a scam system where "employees" aren't considered employees and pay them starvation wages with zero benefits. Wages so low that the government helps subsidize health care costs and perhaps even food stamps.

$650/week is starvation wages? That's $33,800 a year!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What do you want me to say?

Why would I change my username?

Fred's shiils have a history of saying the same things on different sites, with only the username changed. FedEx4Life didn't even bother to do that. You guys are way too easy.

Goldilocks

I respect your opinion, however do you know how many CHANGES have been implemented since I have been with Fedex Express? Since 1985? Take a guess? Well too many for me to count. The one thing I can count on is having a job for the next 3-5 years. Then my husband and I will retire. This company has been good to us and to you. Yes, we will see changes again, not sure what you do but if you are a hourly you WILL have a job. TRUST ME

bbsam

Staff member
I respect your opinion, however do you know how many CHANGES have been implemented since I have been with Fedex Express? Since 1985? Take a guess? Well too many for me to count. The one thing I can count on is having a job for the next 3-5 years. Then my husband and I will retire. This company has been good to us and to you. Yes, we will see changes again, not sure what you do but if you are a hourly you WILL have a job. TRUST ME
Sounds like you are well positioned. I apologize for my rather sharp edge. Yes, there have been alot of changes since '85, but in the last several years it has been surmised that all that is taking place would in one fashion or another. There has been speculation and there has been hints from the company and time after time most here would absolutely insist "the company would never do that". They are doing it, and Express will continue to see more and more take-aways as the emphasis shifts toward Ground and Freight. So for those just coming into Express or nowhere near topped out, is all you can say, "you will have a job"?

Full disclosure: I'm a Ground ISP (contractor).

59 Dano

...and yours is?

R1a is the only voice of reason for Express.

bbsam for Ground.

I do what I can. If something is a genuinely bad idea even though I could personally benefit from it, I have no problem saying it's bad. If something is a good idea even when it is to my personal detriment, I have no problem saying that, either.

In fact, I don't think I've said whether I personally like or dislike the policies (existing or speculated) at Express, preferring instead to comment about whether they will work worth a flip relative to what they're supposed to accomplish.

Goldilocks

Sounds like you are well positioned. I apologize for my rather sharp edge. Yes, there have been alot of changes since '85, but in the last several years it has been surmised that all that is taking place would in one fashion or another. There has been speculation and there has been hints from the company and time after time most here would absolutely insist "the company would never do that". They are doing it, and Express will continue to see more and more take-aways as the emphasis shifts toward Ground and Freight. So for those just coming into Express or nowhere near topped out, is all you can say, "you will have a job"?

Full disclosure: I'm a Ground ISP (contractor).

Everyone starts off as a new hire. Back in 85 Couriers topped out in 18months. At our station drivers that are not topped out are getting 50 to 60 hours a week. I have never heard them complain. They do an outstanding job and deserve compensation. Fedex is going to get rid of the FAT and this company has lots of Fat. The hourly employees will be safe. FYI, our District has been replacing trucks with brand new Mercedes-Benz 2500 Sprinters. Our station alone has about 30. Just got 2 more in today.... Our stations has over 100 employees.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Everyone starts off as a new hire. Back in 85 Couriers topped out in 18months. At our station drivers that are not topped out are getting 50 to 60 hours a week. I have never heard them complain. They do an outstanding job and deserve compensation. Fedex is going to get rid of the FAT and this company has lots of Fat. The hourly employees will be safe. FYI, our District has been replacing trucks with brand new Mercedes-Benz 2500 Sprinters. Our station alone has about 30. Just got 2 more in today.... Our stations has over 100 employees.

You are kidding yourself. Yes, there's a lot of fat, but it's in Memphis, not in the field. Management continues to try and extract even more blood from the courier stone. Do you really think that management is going to cut their own throats when they can cut ours instead? It's pretty obvious that most of them have no idea what goes on in the field except from a theoretical and/or spreadsheet perspective.
The reason they are getting Sprinters and Nissans is that the bulk stops are headed into your local Ground terminal. That's why their trucks are getting bigger and ours smaller. Again, very obvious.
With your username and subject matter, it's hard to tell if you're serious here or just trolling. Are you just kidding or for real?

Goldilocks

You are kidding yourself. Yes, there's a lot of fat, but it's in Memphis, not in the field. Management continues to try and extract even more blood from the courier stone. Do you really think that management is going to cut their own throats when they can cut ours instead? It's pretty obvious that most of them have no idea what goes on in the field except from a theoretical and/or spreadsheet perspective.
The reason they are getting Sprinters and Nissans is that the bulk stops are headed into your local Ground terminal. That's why their trucks are getting bigger and ours smaller. Again, very obvious.
With your username and subject matter, it's hard to tell if you're serious here or just trolling. Are you just kidding or for real?

"FAT" Not only in Memphis but everywhere. My husband has been a courier for 28 years and has never complained. Loves it. Nothing squeezed out of him. He went out last Saturday with 45 stops, left the building 20 minutes late, did not use the DRA manifest and beat the rtb time by 20 min, even had time to stop and use the bathroom...There is no pressure and he can tear up any route. As far as the sprinters, like I have said before, Express saver is going away. So!! and your point is? You will still have a job driving a new sprinter. This company changes by the minute. Get use to it or get out. Thats just the way it is. I respect your opionion and your USERNAME! LOL