Abortion

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
According to many medical experts there's never a valid reason to perform a third trimester abortion. Look it up.

Really.We have a close family friend who gave birth to a child with microcephaly, a birth defect that results in a very small brain, massive intellectual disability, and usually, a vastly reduced lifespan. They didn't know beforehand, but definitely would have aborted the child if they had known, even though they are practicing Catholics.

Why? This child basically has zero quality of life. Intellectually, he is a 2-3 year old, still wears diapers, and has created a very difficult life for his parents, who have somehow stayed together through it all. The condition will never change, and although he's now 17, it's getting pretty close to the end of the line for him.

Although the parents believe in God, they don't look at the child as a blessing, and instead, wonder why God would do this to a child, and to them. Mom can't work or do anything other than care for this child, which is a 24/7 job. Dad helps, but there's only so much he can do and still make it to his job.

There are kids far worse than this, with even dimmer futures, or a tortured existence for the short time they are alive. Just saying, sometimes it might be better to have an option, and not depend on God or anyone else to provide, because they probably won't.

And no, I wouldn't want anyone to ever abuse the right to end a pregnancy, but sometimes, it seems the right and moral thing to do.

newfie

I thought I was going blind. The mods are at it again. I seriously didn't see anything that was against Brown Café rules on that one.

good catch ,it is odd. there is a brutal side to abortion. one that tugs at your heart strings that libs do not want to hear about.

newfie

Really.We have a close family friend who gave birth to a child with microcephaly, a birth defect that results in a very small brain, massive intellectual disability, and usually, a vastly reduced lifespan. They didn't know beforehand, but definitely would have aborted the child if they had known, even though they are practicing Catholics.

Why? This child basically has zero quality of life. Intellectually, he is a 2-3 year old, still wears diapers, and has created a very difficult life for his parents, who have somehow stayed together through it all. The condition will never change, and although he's now 17, it's getting pretty close to the end of the line for him.

Although the parents believe in God, they don't look at the child as a blessing, and instead, wonder why God would do this to a child, and to them. Mom can't work or do anything other than care for this child, which is a 24/7 job. Dad helps, but there's only so much he can do and still make it to his job.

There are kids far worse than this, with even dimmer futures, or a tortured existence for the short time they are alive. Just saying, sometimes it might be better to have an option, and not depend on God or anyone else to provide, because they probably won't.

And no, I wouldn't want anyone to ever abuse the right to end a pregnancy, but sometimes, it seems the right and moral thing to do.

todays science can catch that much sooner then the third trimester.
do we really want doctors supported by our government making those decisions?
maybe someday someone will decide you are too liberal to function properly .

It will be fine

Good call, the decision should be left up to the family and not the government.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Correct on science being able to catch it. I'm no fan of ever aborting a baby in the third trimester, but what about the first if they find something horrible?

Here's where you lose the argument on government intervention because you're fine with the government banning abortion. Get it? That horrible Big Government you hate so much is fine, as long as they do the things you want them to, like overturning Rowe vs. Wade.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
approximately 1.5 percent of abortions are third trimester. those are children that could have been saved.

Again. Is it moral to "save" a child that is going to live a horrible existence and/or die almost immediately after birth anyway? If there aren't any health issues, I'm fine with banning third trimester abortions.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

What's this child's user name in Current Events?

vantexan

Correct on science being able to catch it. I'm no fan of ever aborting a baby in the third trimester, but what about the first if they find something horrible?

Here's where you lose the argument on government intervention because you're fine with the government banning abortion. Get it? That horrible Big Government you hate so much is fine, as long as they do the things you want them to, like overturning Rowe vs. Wade.
Meanwhile we abort tens of millions of perfectly healthy babies. Are you a fan of that in the first two trimesters?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

newfie

Again. Is it moral to "save" a child that is going to live a horrible existence and/or die almost immediately after birth anyway? If there aren't any health issues, I'm fine with banning third trimester abortions.

where do we draw the line on your brand of morality?