Abortion

vantexan

What state allows elective third trimester abortion for non medical reasons?
NY will pretty much allow for any reason as long as a doctor signs off it's for the mother's health. And that covers a broad spectrum, doesn't have to be life threatening. As for activists saw Hillary say in 2016 that it should be the mother's right to abort at any time right up to just before birth.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
If my next kid comes out and doesn't have blue eyes and blonde hair and is a boy, I hope the doc makes it comfortable.
I ain't raisin' a freakin girl with dark hair. Kids are a burden enough.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What are the “medical” reasons that qualify for third term abortion?
Fetal anomalies incompatible with life, such as anencephaly, absence of the brain and cranium above the base of the skull, or limb-body wall complex, when the organs develop outside of the body cavity.

In these cases, where death is likely before or shortly after birth, patients may decide
whether to continue the pregnancy and deliver a nonviable fetus or have an abortion.

Abortion later in pregnancy may also be necessary when complications severely compromise a woman’s health or life,
conditions which may also reduce the possibility of fetal survival. These might include premature rupture of membranes
and infection, preeclampsia, placental abruption, and placenta accreta. Women in these circumstances may risk
extensive blood loss, stroke, and septic shock that could lead to maternal death.

BrownFlush

Fetal anomalies incompatible with life, such as anencephaly, absence of the brain and cranium above the base of the skull, or limb-body wall complex, when the organs develop outside of the body cavity.

In these cases, where death is likely before or shortly after birth, patients may decide
whether to continue the pregnancy and deliver a nonviable fetus or have an abortion.

Abortion later in pregnancy may also be necessary when complications severely compromise a woman’s health or life,
conditions which may also reduce the possibility of fetal survival. These might include premature rupture of membranes
and infection, preeclampsia, placental abruption, and placenta accreta. Women in these circumstances may risk
extensive blood loss, stroke, and septic shock that could lead to maternal death.
Paste In Paste Out
This isn't New York or the Governor of Virginia. There wasn't a grand signing and ceremony for this to go into effect.
This is common medical procedure . Been happening for decades.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

I provided the information he requested, directly from The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

The post was not for you, I know it was too many big words for you to be able to follow along.
Shut up.
I figured as much and as many times as you quote my post not for you, it was just how you wanted to play. I never think of fairness when you're involved.

newfie

The reality is they want mothers to be able to terminate an unviable child. A baby with no brain or one that would die a painful death immediately after birth. There is literally not a single person that wants to murder a fully formed healthy baby after birth. That’s extremist nonsense spin.

dont go bagdad bob on me ,

the governor of viriginia said it at the same time NY passed a law allowing third trimester abortions and they were high fiving when it passed.

newfie

Did you listen to the clip? He specifically says it’s about non viable fetuses. What’s your solution for a baby that’s going to die immediately? Try to keep it alive? What’s the point?

did you listen to it? he clearly states they would take the born baby and make it comfortable while the mother decides whether they will kill it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
did you listen to it? he clearly states they would take the born baby and make it comfortable while the mother decides whether they will kill it.
To be clear, you are saying a doctor should be legally required to keep this baby alive:

An infant born with ancephaly has some or most of the brain missing. These infants are unconscious, cannot feel, and are usually blind and deaf. In many cases, some brain tissue may be exposed because parts of the skull are missing. Newborns who survive die within several hours, days, or weeks.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
To be clear, you are saying a doctor should be legally required to keep this baby alive:

An infant born with anencephaly has some or most of the brain missing.
These infants are unconscious, cannot feel, and are usually blind and deaf.
In many cases, some brain tissue may be exposed because parts of the skull are missing.
Newborns who survive die within several hours, days, or weeks.
We call them Pinball Wizards.

That deaf dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pin ball!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I bet you will. He's pointing out exactly what's been going on and all you have is snark. Sad.
Yes, babies are being murdered, his marriage is close to divorce, he is broke and working 12 hour days, and poor people are making out like bandits living like Kings..... All because unions endorse Democrats.

Or he's just an unhappy person looking for someone to blame for his crappy life.