Abortion

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So let's say the baby has been found to have profound developmental issues which could/would adversely affect their quality of life upon birth. Are you saying that these parents should not have the option to abort the fetus rather than subject the baby and themselves to a life filled with perhaps insurmountable challenges?
Jeez , the Nazis thought that way !
My friends sister was born with severe Down's syndrome, she passed away last spring at 45 , long life in her case , she was one of the most decorated special olympians in Massachusetts, never went into a home and was loved dearly , the funeral home and the church was packed !!
Good thing they raised her, and her life wasn't in your hands!!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
To me, I always found it acceptable only in extreme cases (rape, etc) and NOT as fix for lack of responsibility. However, as time goes on I've simply gotten tired of trying to argue such a seemingly fair point with types marching in the streets literally screaming for their right to do it. Alas, while I'm still personally against it, I simply don't care anymore. Most of them I wouldn't want to see breeding anyway. Just don't reach into my pockets to fund it and we're good.

Last edited:

vantexan

To me, I always found it acceptable only in extreme cases (rape, etc) and NOT as fix for lack of responsibility. However, as time goes on I've simply gotten tired of trying to argue such a seemingly fair point with types marching in the streets literally screaming for their right to do it. Alas, while I'm still personally against it, I simply don't care anymore. Most of them I wouldn't want to see breeding anyway. Just don't reach into my pockets to fund it and we're good.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." John friend. Kennedy paraphrasing Edmund Burke

JustAnotherMike

"The best short-cut is to take the long way."
200-1.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jeez , the Nazis thought that way !
My friends sister was born with severe Down's syndrome, she passed away last spring at 45 , long life in her case , she was one of the most decorated special olympians in Massachusetts, never went into a home and was loved dearly , the funeral home and the church was packed !!
Good thing they raised her, and her life wasn't in your hands!!

I'm not talking about creating a perfect race. I am talking about giving the parents the right to make that decision and not be "forced" to raise a child with profound medical and/or developmental issues.

JustAnotherMike

people deserve the right to choose, bottom line. if you feel you cannot provide the proper life that baby deserves there is no reason to go through with it . This is a retarded argument and there is much worse going on in the world . you know how many people have babies for a friend* income check. if anything, some shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. (i said it)

vantexan

people deserve the right to choose, bottom line. if you feel you cannot provide the proper life that baby deserves there is no reason to go through with it . This is a retarded argument and there is much worse going on in the world . you know how many people have babies for a friend* income check. if anything, some shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. (i said it)
Why is it that the "choice" is always to abort by the abortion advocates? Why not choose to put the baby up for adoption? As an Illinois state senator Obama voted to have fetuses(babies) who survive abortions and are born to be killed immediately. Said that letting baby live wasn't honoring mother's wishes. And though rare that has actually happened. At what point does it go from medical procedure to murder?

JustAnotherMike

Why is it that the "choice" is always to abort by the abortion advocates? Why not choose to put the baby up for adoption? As an Illinois state senator Obama voted to have fetuses(babies) who survive abortions and are born to be killed immediately. Said that letting baby live wasn't honoring mother's wishes. And though rare that has actually happened. At what point does it go from medical procedure to murder?
go back to your box .... why leave it up to someone else to care for your mistake ?