Add-up the Takeaways Over the Years

quadro

The "obvious" is that you are a corporate apologist. That's a fact, not a supposition.
I've never apologized for anything FedEx has done. You might want to look up the definition of fact and of supposition as you have them backwards. Just because I present a fact that disproves someone's claim doesn't make me an apologist.

And I do owe you an apology. When you said
Deflect and volley. Good strategy.
I thought you were commenting on what I said. Now I realize that you were giving me advice. My mistake on the misunderstanding.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've never apologized for anything FedEx has done. You might want to look up the definition of fact and of supposition as you have them backwards. Just because I present a fact that disproves someone's claim doesn't make me an apologist.

And I do owe you an apology. When you said

I thought you were commenting on what I said. Now I realize that you were giving me advice. My mistake on the misunderstanding.

If I post something that says the sky is blue, you'll claim it's gray if it somehow benefits FedEx. My "advice" to you would be to try a different strategy.

quadro

If I post something that says the sky is blue, you'll claim it's gray if it somehow benefits FedEx. My "advice" to you would be to try a different strategy.
The problem is that you'll claim the sky isn't the sky and when I say it is, that's when you'll say I'm an apologist. I don't need any strategy as I don't need to convince anyone of anything. As I said, I just present a fact where one is missing or mistaken. Your strategy seems to be to call someone an apologist when they've presented something that diminishes a claim that FedEx is evil.

If you say the sky is blue and I say it's light blue, that doesn't make either of us wrong and it certainly doesn't make me an apologist. If you say the sky is yellow when it is clearly a shade of blue, then yes, you are wrong. If that benefits and supports my position I cannot help that the truth is the truth.

vantexan

I believe the title of the thread refers to all we've lost as employees over the years. Can anyone point to anything that's improved for us as employees? Is our pay comparable with competitors? Are our benefits better than, say, 10 years ago? Will an employee hired today have as good a future as one hired 25 years ago, based on current pay schedules and benefits? Will employees hired 10 years ago just have to live with working next to others who will do much better than them for many years to come? That they will just have to settle for much less? If the company can't afford UPS comparable pay and benefits, fine. But why hold down pay to the point of hurting employees? Why have a two tiered system of haves and have nots concerning pay? Why not a set schedule in place to top employees out? No matter what the company does in terms of no raises or reduced raises in a given year, they should have a time limit of X amount of years where an employee reaches top out no matter what. Come on FedEx, if not, why not?

vantexan

If you do not want a stupid answer...:wink2:

...then stay off this forum...:thumbsup:

I can take a hint! Happy Labor Day Everyone! Speaking of labor, I finally landed a rt about a year ago that is a whole lot easier on me. And you know what? Because of the lack of raises I've decided the only way I can retire at 55 is to head back to the big city with a higher payscale and work tons of overtime for the next 6 years. Either that or just accept that I'll have to work until Social Security kicks in. That's about 13.5 more years, about 38 years since I originally started. So my choices suck.