Advice on if I should leave UPS or not

cougedit206

Hey all
Im going into my 3rd week on the job preloading at UPS and I gotta say I'm hating it. I'm not one to quit things, I never have before but this is really getting to me. I love a faced paced work environment cause I don't enjoy being paid to sit on my ass like some retail jobs I had but this is honestly too much. It's really not the volume or the pace that is getting to me its the supervisors that are making me dread the job, both the ones watching over me verbally harass me whenever they find a mistake in my work such as a misload or something like that. I struggle with anxiety to begin with and thinking about going into work the next day only to get harassed for not learning fast enough only makes my anxiety worse. I don't want to leave and be unemployed but at the same time the job is really taking a toll on my mental health, so my question is should i leave, or tough it out till I (maybe) get the hang of it? and if i do leave, how should I go about doing that?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hey all
Im going into my 3rd week on the job preloading at UPS and I gotta say I'm hating it. I'm not one to quit things, I never have before but this is really getting to me. I love a faced paced work environment cause I don't enjoy being paid to sit on my ass like some retail jobs I had but this is honestly too much. It's really not the volume or the pace that is getting to me its the supervisors that are making me dread the job, both the ones watching over me verbally harass me whenever they find a mistake in my work such as a misload or something like that. I struggle with anxiety to begin with and thinking about going into work the next day only to get harassed for not learning fast enough only makes my anxiety worse. I don't want to leave and be unemployed but at the same time the job is really taking a toll on my mental health, so my question is should i leave, or tough it out till I (maybe) get the hang of it?
Leave

rod

Retired 22 years
The UPS game isn't for everybody. Leave--- but be warned that life can be hard no mater what you do. Quitting is easy--and can become habit forming.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Hey all
Im going into my 3rd week on the job preloading at UPS and I gotta say I'm hating it. I'm not one to quit things, I never have before but this is really getting to me. I love a faced paced work environment cause I don't enjoy being paid to sit on my ass like some retail jobs I had but this is honestly too much. It's really not the volume or the pace that is getting to me its the supervisors that are making me dread the job, both the ones watching over me verbally harass me whenever they find a mistake in my work such as a misload or something like that. I struggle with anxiety to begin with and thinking about going into work the next day only to get harassed for not learning fast enough only makes my anxiety worse. I don't want to leave and be unemployed but at the same time the job is really taking a toll on my mental health, so my question is should i leave, or tough it out till I (maybe) get the hang of it? and if i do leave, how should I go about doing that?
Lol you're not going to get any sympathy from this bunch on this site...

Take it from someone who quit and came back.. I wish I hadn't. Things would be completely different for me right now. Just ignore you're sups AFTER you make seniority.. give them the finger once in a while just so they remember who you are and they'll leave you alone.. just show up. Do your job.. and within a year or 2 you'll be happy you stuck it out.. good luck man!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol you're not going to get any sympathy from this bunch on this site...

Take it from someone who quit and came back.. I wish I hadn't. Things would be completely different for me right now. Just ignore you're sups AFTER you make seniority.. give them the finger once in a while just so they remember who you are and they'll leave you alone.. just show up. Do your job.. and within a year or 2 you'll be happy you stuck it out.. good luck man!
Flipping off a manager "could possibly" be perceived as workplace violence (threatening gestures). If someone really wanted to push it and goes to HR....that would be a stupid reason to get fired.