After knocking, how long do you wait

SmithBarney

Signature required, I'll sign with their approval. The time to complete one of these stops doesn't extend pass 90 secs.

That's a good way to get fired. Usually just ignore anyone talking on the speaker, there isn't anything they can say that will alter how we deliver.(especially signature required)

SmithBarney

If they have a mail slot in their door, bring an air horn and blast it through the mail slot.
They gonna say they did not hear it?
Had a guy the other day claim they had 5 people in the house, then wrote a nasty note on the infonotice/doortag "we were here all day" of course we all love to come back, so we play ninja and sneak up to the door... /s some people.

Est.1998

Had a guy the other day claim they had 5 people in the house, then wrote a nasty note on the infonotice/doortag "we were here all day" of course we all love to come back, so we play ninja and sneak up to the door... /s some people.
Lol, so far I haven't had any issues but maybe y'all are right and I should ignore people speaking to me on intercoms.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Stars and Stripes Forever!
God Bless Texas, and God bless The United States of America!

Houston we are Ready for launch.

Smile and wave to the camera!
We love you!
Just a joke among old friends.
All $15 million dollars mansions now on sale.
Two dollars...

When a water boy marries an oil girl, that is where the magic happens!
What are the odds.

Molecules they are real.

View attachment 153837
5CAC990E-AABA-4224-9529-BC67D6EC1E46.gif

clean hairy

Lol, so far I haven't had any issues but maybe y'all are right and I should ignore people speaking to me on intercoms.
Mess with the ones on intercoms!
They ask who is it? Answer " you are garbled, ups with a delivery!"
Next time they speak, respond with
"No, i don't want fries with that, can you come sign for this package?"
Watch how quick they come to the door at that point!

Brisket

It's 2019, the year of the smart doorbell.
Upon approaching a stop that requires a signature, I tap the horn 3 times. I let the bulkhead door slam as it opens. Ring the bell, knock with the diad while the bell rings. Proceed with filling out the service cross, place infonotice on the door, write date and check boxes. Return to the pkg car, place pkg on the dash or floor, pull off. If the person attempts to speak to me via the doorbells intercom, I'll leave the pkg and dr as left with man/woman if it's a no dr stop. Signature required, I'll sign with their approval. The time to complete one of these stops doesn't extend pass 90 secs.
Place pkg on the floor in the cab or behind the bulkhead door?! Hope you are prepared when ( not if ) you are caught and You do realize the smart doorbells record AS you walk up to the door right?
C864668F-A88A-4A5C-BE9D-A72E5D280271.gif

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
One house I delivered to there was note on the door asking ups to wait because it takes the person a little while to get around. I gave the house 5 minutes and perfectly able bodied lady answers and says "oh I was in the backyard" I say that's no problem I saw the note and I didn't mind bending my schedule a little for someone who has trouble getting to the door. She doesn't even acknowledge my point or makes eye contact. Like wtf
The best is when you use the doorbell and when (usually a woman) answers the door she is furious that you didn’t know there is a sleeping baby inside. Nothing but a simple post-it note saying such would prevent, in her world Armageddon. Ahh don’t you just love narcissism?

35years

Gravy route
Dude, there are exceptions. If you have your own route and know your everyday customers well, they 99.9% always prefer and appreciate it. Depending on situation of course. It’s called customer service.
No exceptions.
Forgery is not customer service.
I know 2 who were fired for it.

Example: The customer calls in because the stuff is damaged inside.
When they innocently tell customer service the driver signed...
You are gone.

The shipper is the customer, they paid for a signature. It's called customer service.

Last edited:

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
No exceptions.
Forgery is not customer service.
I know 2 who were fired for it.

Example: The customer calls in because the stuff is damaged inside.
When they innocently tell customer service the driver signed...
You are gone.
Fair point. I’m talking more like when someone answers the door with they’re hands full holding a baby, or holding back their dog and you’re delivering wine. Again, these are customers you’ve known for years. Obviously you never sign for anybody that’s not home. I’m well aware of the rules. But my customers are real people who value our relationship. If a cover driver runner-gunner is signing for packages, then you’re just a fool.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Fair point. I’m talking more like when someone answers the door with they’re hands full holding a baby, or holding back their dog and you’re delivering wine. Again, these are customers you’ve known for years. Obviously you never sign for anybody that’s not home. I’m well aware of the rules. But my customers are real people who value our relationship. If a cover driver runner-gunner is signing for packages, then you’re just a fool.
The person you're delivering to is not the customer. The shipper is the customer and they paid UPS to obtain a signature, so when you sign it yourself you are defrauding the shipper and all those justifications you're making won't save your job if it ever becomes an issue. I've seen several drivers get fired for it, the last guy even went out and got signed affidavits from his "customers" stating that they were ok with him signing for packages. It didn't save him, the company took him to panel and he lost.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
The person you're delivering to is not the customer. The shipper is the customer and they paid UPS to obtain a signature, so when you sign it yourself you are defrauding the shipper and all those justifications you're making won't save your job if it ever becomes an issue. I've seen several drivers get fired for it, the last guy even went out and got signed affidavits from his "customers" stating that they were ok with him signing for packages. It didn't save him, the company took him to panel and he lost.
I’m waving my white flag on this one. Never sign. Got it

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The best is when you use the doorbell and when (usually a woman) answers the door she is furious that you didn’t know there is a sleeping baby inside. Nothing but a simple post-it note saying such would prevent, in her world Armageddon. Ahh don’t you just love narcissism?
I usually ring the doorbell multiple times with the customer standing in front of me when they say that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've seen several drivers get fired for it, the last guy even went out and got signed affidavits from his "customers" stating that they were ok with him signing for packages. It didn't save him, the company took him to panel and he lost.

In front of a Panel.. you will lose.. every time.

The biggest mistake drivers make, is when they consider consignees "their" customers.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Unless you are a runner and Gunner then you will get a 30 day unpaid vacation.

Had a veteran 30 year driver get 90 days his first time.

2 years later, he was still doing the same thing. He wasn't a burner.

Thought he was doing "his" customers a favor. Both times, it was a customer

complaint that did him in. Signing for anything.... medication, alcohol, etc.

He retired, and decided to "pursue other opportunities".

Now works at a UPS Store.

Go figure.

-Bug-

Had a veteran 30 year driver get 90 days his first time.

2 years later, he was still doing the same thing. He wasn't a burner.

Thought he was doing "his" customers a favor. Both times, it was a customer

complaint that did him in. Signing for anything.... medication, alcohol, etc.

He retired, and decided to "pursue other opportunities".

Now works at a UPS Store.

Go figure.

-Bug-
I can't figure some of these people out.

You just can't do that kind of thing. We are paid by the hour.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
when I get 150lb call tags I usually park where my truck cannot be seen. I’ll walk through the neighbors back yard and sneak up to the front door, pretend to knock, hang the tag and dash back out into the woods..