Brisket

I usually see the note after my finger is on the button. It's just habit

11B4FE61-264B-41D5-B905-77C3A6FAB451.gif

Quad post! Lol...

Dumbperson

I had a sig required the other day. The lady saw me, and I waived. She was on the phone. She gave me a dirty look and walked away. Usually I wait a good amount of time bc I like getting people their stuff but that one was NI1 pretty quick

flappybutt

I don't sign without the person's authorization. Say if they're elderly, incapable of using their hands, dog present, on the roof of their house etc... I've yet to just forge a signature for the sake of expeditiously completing a stop. But after reading all the comments and real life scenarios, I'll readjust my work habits starting next week.
I deliver to a kid who has cancer or a week immune system. They let me in once to sign and was covering his mouth from my germs and giving him some kind of breathing treatment. Asked if it's okay to sign myself in the future and they said it was okay.

Siveriano

I deliver to a kid who has cancer or a week immune system. They let me in once to sign and was covering his mouth from my germs and giving him some kind of breathing treatment. Asked if it's okay to sign myself in the future and they said it was okay.
I have similar situations on my route. Almost every house is a 3 family house, ill go ring the bell, people will stare at me thro the window and once im walking out they start yelling " Hey UPS" i just ignore them and keep walking.

99.9% of the time.

There can be exceptions, if approved by management.... with a Steward present.

Just for example, there are more physically challenged people in the work force.

It happens....
Have never had a problem with anyone unable to to touch the stylus to the screen (in the workplace).

The person you're delivering to is not the customer. The shipper is the customer and they paid UPS to obtain a signature, so when you sign it yourself you are defrauding the shipper and all those justifications you're making won't save your job if it ever becomes an issue. I've seen several drivers get fired for it, the last guy even went out and got signed affidavits from his "customers" stating that they were ok with him signing for packages. It didn't save him, the company took him to panel and he lost.

Anyone you perform a service for is a customer. That is fact.