After knocking, how long do you wait

clean hairy

when I get 150lb call tags I usually park where my truck cannot be seen. I’ll walk through the neighbors back yard and sneak up to the front door, pretend to knock, hang the tag and dash back out into the woods..
Wait for the time you do that and cops swarm you!
Due to some nosy neighbor calling them about somebody lurking through yards in the neighborhood.

SmithBarney

RS1 tags are probably the best idea this company has ever come up with lol

My Favorite was going to pick up a Nordic Track or BowFlex that had been sitting outside since delivery(weeks prior) The box was toast. It has seen rain, sun, and probably snow... "yeah sorry we can't pick that up" the box was falling apart just by looking at it.

542thruNthru

It's 2019, the year of the smart doorbell.
Upon approaching a stop that requires a signature, I tap the horn 3 times. I let the bulkhead door slam as it opens. Ring the bell, knock with the diad while the bell rings. Proceed with filling out the service cross, place infonotice on the door, write date and check boxes. Return to the pkg car, place pkg on the dash or floor, pull off. If the person attempts to speak to me via the doorbells intercom, I'll leave the pkg and dr as left with man/woman if it's a no dr stop. Signature required, I'll sign with their approval. The time to complete one of these stops doesn't extend pass 90 secs.

Lol, so far I haven't had any issues but maybe y'all are right and I should ignore people speaking to me on intercoms.

Had a guy who did this. Our center manager pointed this out to him.
sketch-1560103631685.jpg

Guy was lucky. center manager only gave him a warning letter but assured him if he did it again he'd be terminated.

Est.1998

Had a guy who did this. Our center manager pointed this out to him.
View attachment 251291
Guy was lucky. center manager only gave him a warning letter but assured him if he did it again he'd be terminated.
I don't sign without the person's authorization. Say if they're elderly, incapable of using their hands, dog present, on the roof of their house etc... I've yet to just forge a signature for the sake of expeditiously completing a stop. But after reading all the comments and real life scenarios, I'll readjust my work habits starting next week.

Future

Victory Ride
Knock ... ring bell ... listen .... start filling out delivery notice .....I have the loudest SoB truck in history ...if they can’t hear me by then ... they r dead

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't sign without the person's authorization. Say if they're elderly, incapable of using their hands, dog present, on the roof of their house etc... I've yet to just forge a signature for the sake of expeditiously completing a stop. But after reading all the comments and real life scenarios, I'll readjust my work habits starting next week.

I call the center, explain the situation and ask if it is OK if I sign my own name. I have done it 3 or 4 times and every time was told that as long as I was signing my own name that that would be fine.

35years

Gravy route
I call the center, explain the situation and ask if it is OK if I sign my own name. I have done it 3 or 4 times and every time was told that as long as I was signing my own name that that would be fine.
Won't do that either.
It is not OK.
During your hearing the supervisor will conveniently not recall authorizing you to do it.
Ask the center manager if he will sign for it.
See what he says.

Please Call Center

The best is when you use the doorbell and when (usually a woman) answers the door she is furious that you didn’t know there is a sleeping baby inside. Nothing but a simple post-it note saying such would prevent, in her world Armageddon. Ahh don’t you just love narcissism?
I usually see the note after my finger is on the button. It's just habit