Am I the only one who hates the safety gestapo?

oldpaddy

I ****ing hate rats. I ecspecially hate rats who pretend to be your boss.
These scumbags are really management, but without the title. Their only real purpose is to snitch on fellow union workers. How can the Teamsters allow these *******s to do what they do?
I understand on paper what they're supposed to do, but the reality is that they're just biding their time (and kissing ass) until they can get into management.
Most (if not all) get easier days and are rarely held accountable for being paid over.
Is there any rules at UPS about kicking the **** out of a fellow worker?
I figure I should probably teach one of these guys a lesson before he becomes management.

disneyworld

How about the safety dept? One time they set up a speed trap in the yard with one of those signs that flash when you are speeding then they jumped out from behind the trailers to yell at us. I was tempted to jerk the wheel at them then say sorry but you scared the crap out of me.Luckily for them I wasn't speeding but I saw them doing it to other drivers.

T

trucker1946

safety and safety committees are just lip service to get the employees involed with ups policy which they control,just perform your job to your best ability and DONT EVER trust these idiot sups and managers,put your time in and get out before your body breaks down and your mind is mush.good luck :thumbup1:

JustAnotherBody

I figure I should probably teach one of these guys a lesson before he becomes management.

no. no there are no rules about that. how do u think most of the drivers got to where they are today?
simple. they got promoted cuz the sup they beat down didnt want anyone to know so hush hush your in feeders now.

whoop some ass. u wont regret it.

oldpaddy

no. no there are no rules about that. how do u think most of the drivers got to where they are today?
simple. they got promoted cuz the sup they beat down didnt want anyone to know so hush hush your in feeders now.

whoop some ass. u wont regret it.

:lol: So that's why I see the occasional young guy mixed in with all those old feeder drivers. I always wondered how they got there so quick.

Once in a while one of the old guys (drivers and management, mostly management) will reminisce about the old days at UPS. Back when the way a dispute was settled, was by who was left standing.
Now those must've been the days.

S

speeddemon

Having a safety group in place is a good thing. The problem I have with it is UPS is doing it just for the paper trail to cover thier butts.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
:lol: So that's why I see the occasional young guy mixed in with all those old feeder drivers. I always wondered how they got there so quick.

Once in a while one of the old guys (drivers and management, mostly management) will reminisce about the old days at UPS. Back when the way a dispute was settled, was by who was left standing.
Now those must've been the days.

If you want to kick the **** out of a fellow employee, I would suggest you do it off the clock and off the company property. I have seen people stuffed into the back of a police car that couldn't wait, and they lost their job on top of that. Then again, they could press assault charges, unless you could get them to throw the first punch. Unfortunately, the "good old days" have been long gone.

over9five

Staff member
In my center it's only the lowest seniority people with no backbone who are on the safety committee. Lately they've been trying to get a senior person to join to give a sense of legitimacy to the committee, but there are no takers.

My take on it is that UPS has decided well in advance what it will and will not let them accomplish. I had them bring up excessive forced overtime as a safety issue, but management said that was NOT a safety issue.

Pawns with no spine.... They should be ashamed.

Braveheart

These scumbags are really management, but without the title. Their only real purpose is to snitch on fellow union workers. How can the Teamsters allow these *******s to do what they do?
I understand on paper what they're supposed to do, but the reality is that they're just biding their time (and kissing ass) until they can get into management.
Most (if not all) get easier days and are rarely held accountable for being paid over.
We got a safety snitch in our center and he is a two faced littel rat. He scraped the entire side of a truck and failed to report it yet nothing happened. He also got caught doin unsafe things on his route too yet nothing happened. He is a definite ass kisser. Don't trust any of the safety rats. They do it to get extra days off and special favors. They sell out for so little. I ate lunch with this rat for over a year but not anymore.

Braveheart

In my center it's only the lowest seniority people with no backbone who are on the safety committee. Lately they've been trying to get a senior person to join to give a sense of legitimacy to the committee, but there are no takers.

My take on it is that UPS has decided well in advance what it will and will not let them accomplish. I had them bring up excessive forced overtime as a safety issue, but management said that was NOT a safety issue.

Pawns with no spine.... They should be ashamed.
Good post!

Braveheart

If you want to kick the **** out of a fellow employee, I would suggest you do it off the clock and off the company property. I have seen people stuffed into the back of a police car that couldn't wait, and they lost their job on top of that. Then again, they could press assault charges, unless you could get them to throw the first punch. Unfortunately, the "good old days" have been long gone.
Always off property or it is a cardinal sin and your gone.

outta hours

It is funny but also sad that all the people on the safety commitee in my center have all been out on comp. It is quite a racket though as the chairman is off road at least one day a week to work on safety stuff. Can't blame him for making some easy money. Reminds me of the old team concept we used to have. Lot's of input that goes nowhere but where they want it to go.

cental34

The safety reps at my center seem completely unconcerned with safety. The rep for my area is an auditor, and I'm constantly neglecting to use a load stand, tumbling walls, wearing skate shoes, and at the end of the day, I'll get a "green card" for "being around of my surroundings." I was on the safety committee for a brief time during my first tenure. I can't really say I ever minded my duties. I did the paperwork I was required to do, served my two weeks upstairs, attended the meetings, and all while minding my own business.

S

SafetySux

I agree with the idea that a safety committee is important, but the way UPS has it set up it's no different than a secret police squad. I'm more afraid of running into one of these safety guys than actually hurting myself on the job. They seem to have a lot more authority than they need to get their job done. I love the way they stare at you when your leaving the building in the morning with a half smirk. What's their problem?

ogrelord

Ground Down

i'm sure ups would still call it work place violence, and have you fired if it's over something to due with ups. i made the comment one day if i caught my girlfriend cheating on me i would shoot that bitch. next day i was draged up into the center mangers office and had a meeting with center manger my stewart and some person out of jacksonville(head of secerity). they were trying to take my job, but i arguedunless they knew my girlfriend was sleeping with someone that worked for ups there was no way in hell that it could be workplace violence..