Amazon is a "competitor"

A friend just applied at FedEx Express and was told that they specifically told him he couldn't work for competitors. One of the competitors listed to them was Amazon.

That makes no sense to me?!?

It will be fine

Sorting and logistics tech have a lot of overlap. Amazon has been poaching people from FedEx for years. Not to mention Amazon is rolling out their own delivery service.

UPS4Life

And still we give them a massive shipping discount.
Let's just give them the knife to stab is with. Ups needs to say either we deliver all your packages or none of them. Make them need us and don't give them an option to start their own service. Even without us I don't think the post office and fedex could do what we do.

With all that being said I guess I'll go grocery shopping before I go to sleep today so I can drive tonight since I'm just a dumb driver lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Even without us I don't think the post office and fedex could do what we do.
You're right. Not sure how the post office would handle it, but I know FedEx would be too cheap to add routes, hire more people to accommodate the extra volume. They want the extra flow of money but they do their best to avoid the extra responsibility that comes with it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're right. Not sure how the post office would handle it, but I know FedEx would be too cheap to add routes, hire more people to accommodate the extra volume. They want the extra flow of money but they do their best to avoid the extra responsibility that comes with it.

Yep. Perhaps declaring Amazon as "competition" is a (failed) strategy to stem the tide of people fleeing FedEx. From what I've read, Jeff Bezos has a lot in common with Fred S in terms of the way he treats hourly workers.

xfdxgroundmgmt

Oh but they are!

Regional Director, Sort Center Execution

amazon
July 2014 – Present (5 months)Greater Milwaukee Area

President
Institute of Industrial Engineers
April 1990 – Present (24 years 8 months)
Vice President, Postal Operations and Engineering
FedEx SmartPost
2011 – July 2014 (3 years)greater milwaukee area
Managing Director
FedEx Ground
1998 – 2011 (13 years)

bbsam

Staff member
Oh but they are!

Regional Director, Sort Center Execution

amazon
July 2014 – Present (5 months)Greater Milwaukee Area

President
Institute of Industrial Engineers
April 1990 – Present (24 years 8 months)
Vice President, Postal Operations and Engineering
FedEx SmartPost
2011 – July 2014 (3 years)greater milwaukee area
Managing Director
FedEx Ground
1998 – 2011 (13 years)
Not seeing any names.

xfdxgroundmgmt

A lot of upper ground mgmt. has been fleeing towards other companies too, had a good amount leave for Hinez, where is their HQ!!!???? Just down the mountain from PGH.

It will be fine

A lot of upper ground mgmt. has been fleeing towards other companies too, had a good amount leave for Hinez, where is their HQ!!!???? Just down the mountain from PGH.
Yup. On the third senior manager at my station in about 5 years. The last two left for other companies. Amazon seems like a good place to go. If they use a contractor model for their delivery service I'll be the first in line.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yup. On the third senior manager at my station in about 5 years. The last two left for other companies. Amazon seems like a good place to go. If they use a contractor model for their delivery service I'll be the first in line.

LaserShip was a primary contractor for Amazon. Things weren't going so well for their workforce...until they sued.