AMMUNATION

rickyb

You started this with "do you like unions? Capitalism doesn't."

You rail against capitalism but freely feed into it at every turn. You then said my quote about video games, cell phones, computers and music was liked by capitalism was " optimistic"

So why ask me if I like unions? Just so you can try and turn me against capitalism when you are a friend of it?
i was gonna say capitalism is a system of conflict. the capitalists want the workers to work as hard as possible, the workers maybe dont want that and just want to do whatever makes them happy, the workers want higher wages, the capitalists want lower wages, the capitalists want the government to serve their interests, and the workers have different interests in the government, etc.

so you have a union pic which is great, but the system you defend hates unions and hates worker power.

btw i spend alot of money donating to organizations which fight capitalism. political struggle to make the world better is my religion, and its my sacrifice.

bbsam

Staff member
I'd contend there are a lot ways we can tackle this issue as a society without confiscating weapons. I don't think either side of the gun debate is really interested in those conversations though.
That's not right. Nobody is talking "confiscating weapons". But for one LAW ABIDING citizen to have the power to KILL 58 and WOUND over 500 before authorities can confront him...well come on now. That's insane. May as well argue citizens should be able to purchase anti-aircraft weapons as well for when the black helicopters come.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's not right. Nobody is talking "confiscating weapons". But for one LAW ABIDING citizen to have the power to KILL 58 and WOUND over 500 before authorities can confront him...well come on now.
So if nobody is talking confiscation, what do you propose we do with the people like this guy who own a bunch of guns?

bbsam

Staff member
So if nobody is talking confiscation, what do you propose we do with the people like this guy who own a bunch of guns?
I think you get past the easily bypassed differences between semi and fully automatic weapons. Start with an assault weapons ban. He a lot tougher with gun training and licensing.

Confiscation is never going to happen nor should it. Doesn't mean we can't start building a better future for gun ownership and safety.

TheJerk

Porch Pirate
I honestly believe that there should be training required to own weapons(so many hours) maybe a psych evaluation taken every so many years(cops should too). Mental illness is misunderstood in this country and lets face it anyone can snap at any given moment. I'm not against the second amendment but these mass shootinga are getting old and are preventable.

I kinda agree on the assault rifle ban, They're weapons made for war and not for game or protection. Our Government already spends billions on defense and our police is militarized. There no reason why people should be living in fear. I don't understand how people still think we are going to invaded or that the world is going to end. News flash, the British ain't coming here anytime soon again, lol.

Only weapons we americans should be able to own should be hand guns for home defense, hunting rifles for game and maybe a shot gun. No reason why we should own SMG, Assault Rifles. That's why I pay my taxes for Police to "protect" my community. It's Probably too late for that since there's more weapons in circulation than there is Americans. I know its a touchy issue but its just my two cents. The 35 years I've been alive i've never needed to own a weapon. I've gotten robbed, i've survived the hood, i've seen people get shot. Its a part of life. Its just crazy how I deliver to nice upper class neighborhoods and the people are so scared of minorities, getting robbed or being victims of any crime.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
And if you try 'confiscation', there will be more bodies than all the shooting deaths that have ever occurred in the USA in the last 150 years.

Many politicians would like confiscation if they could get away with it but so far their efforts have been mostly blocked.

J92

The problem is too much stress leading to these results (violence, etc.). In order to relieve the stress, we should open up more brothels. It will reduce the violence and the government will have another form of taxation if they legalize it. This will also boost the economy and employment rates. If we look at the factors that lead to the violence and reduce those factors, we should be able to limit or at least lower incidents like this. After all, Hugh Hefner left a legacy, why not utilize it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Even if you banned guns, you can't stop the violence.

The hotel policy of "banning" weapons.... really didn't work.

The signs must have not been big enough.

"Weapons of any type (guns, knives, nightsticks, mace, pepper spray, stun guns etc.) are strictly prohibited on Mandalay Bay property. Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies may carry weapons on Mandalay Bay property in the performance of their official duties. These agencies must contact Mandalay Bay Security Management prior to arriving on property."

https://www.mandalaybay.com/content...b-private-security-policies-as-of-10-2012.pdf

Did the Swat Team properly ask for permission ?