AMMUNATION

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
23316359_775684179294250_317572267569810700_n.jpg

rickyb

people should look at where there is left right convergence (aka high support) on gun reforms and then do them. this includes reforming drugs, poor economy, culture, and guns themselves. if you dont agree, then minimize arguing about it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's not right. Nobody is talking "confiscating weapons". But for one LAW ABIDING citizen to have the power to KILL 58 and WOUND over 500 before authorities can confront him...well come on now. That's insane. May as well argue citizens should be able to purchase anti-aircraft weapons as well for when the black helicopters come.
Hillary Clinton lost the election by a mere 77,744 votes divided among 3 states: Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.
Those states all voted Obama in 2008 and 2012. But they are also very pro-gun.
Hillary's ill-advised campaign statement that Australian-style confiscation was "worth looking at" is probably the reason that we have an orange bag of feces in the White House today who poses an existential threat to humanity.
I really hope Kamala Harris doesnt spout the same nonsense Hillary did about Australia. All that will do is give Trump 8 years instead of 4.

soberups

I think you get past the easily bypassed differences between semi and fully automatic weapons. Start with an assault weapons ban. He a lot tougher with gun training and licensing.

Confiscation is never going to happen nor should it. Doesn't mean we can't start building a better future for gun ownership and safety.
Define an assault weapon.

bbsam

Staff member
Hillary Clinton lost the election by a mere 77,744 votes divided among 3 states: Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.
Hillary's ill-advised campaign statement that Australian-style confiscation was "worth looking at" is probably the reason that we have an orange bag of feces in the White House today who poses an existential threat to humanity.
I really hope Kamala Harris doesnt spout the same nonsense Hillary did about Australia. All that will do is give Trump 8 years instead of 4.
Back up. Explain why as Americans we have to allow an individual that kind of firepower and when someone loses their mind, we just have to take it.

And you tell me, would those 560 people have preferred to take their chances against a crazy person with a machete an five hunting knives? Because you know, if a crazy guy can't get an assault rifle, he can always get a knife.

And I like Joe Biden's explanation (I think). If you can't kill Bambi with 5 shots, maybe time to look for another pastime.

floridays

Kamala Harris, seriously? I'll stand corrected, Barry Soetoro won, twice.

soberups

+1000

I own a Ruger Mini Thirty rifle. It is a semi automatic rifle with a 10 round detachable magazine and a wooden stock. It is legal for sale in California and lacks the cosmetic features that would define it as an "assault rifle" in that state.

I also own an adjustable aftermarket stock for it, with a pistol grip. It is made of black plastic. I can remove the wooden stock and install the black plastic one in about 5 minutes, with nothing but a screwdriver. Once I do that...and install a 20 round magazine in place of the 10-rounder...I now have an evil "assault rifle" that must be banned in order to protect innocent lives from my wrath. But....its the same gun and it functions the same way regardless of the color or composition of the stock or the size of the magazine.

bbsam

Staff member
+1000

I own a Ruger Mini Thirty rifle. It is a semi automatic rifle with a 10 round detachable magazine and a wooden stock. It is legal for sale in California and lacks the cosmetic features that would define it as an "assault rifle" in that state.

I also own an adjustable aftermarket stock for it, with a pistol grip. It is made of black plastic. I can remove the wooden stock and install the black plastic one in about 5 minutes, with nothing but a screwdriver. Once I do that...and install a 20 round magazine in place of the 10-rounder...I now have an evil "assault rifle" that must be banned in order to protect innocent lives from my wrath. But....its the same gun and it functions the same way regardless of the color or composition of the stock or the size of the magazine.
Hey, they're the same weapon. You don't need both. What difference does it make to YOU if you can't have one. How many mass murderers have attacked with a Ruger Mini Thirty? All the nuts seem to want an AR 15 or similar.

bbsam

Staff member
+1000

I think we're getting to where the rubber meets the road with guns and psychos.

soberups

Back up. Explain why as Americans we have to allow an individual that kind of firepower and when someone loses their mind, we just have to take it.

And you tell me, would those 560 people have preferred to take their chances against a crazy person with a machete an five hunting knives? Because you know, if a crazy guy can't get an assault rifle, he can always get a knife.

And I like Joe Biden's explanation (I think). If you can't kill Bambi with 5 shots, maybe time to look for another pastime.
Its a Bill or Rights, not a Bill of Needs.

So the question is not why we should allow it.

The question is (a) upon what factual or legal basis should we ban it and (b) is the political cost of calling for bans and confiscation worth it?

What keeps me awake at night is not the likelihood of getting shot by a lunatic with a rifle. Gun homicides have decreased 45% since 1991, and rifles of all kinds are used in less than 5% of all shootings. What keeps me awake at night is my wife losing her health insurance over pre existing conditions, or my gay sister, transgender niece or non white relatives being targeted for hate crimes due to foolish calls for gun bans that result in 4 additional years of Trump.