And these pieces of garbage refused to stand with UPS Freight.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Absolutely not.

That's the problem. The majority didn't vote.

The strike vote was a "feeler gauge" in ascertaining the support of a strike.

It wasn't there. Even in "97" when member support was high, people still crossed.

Do you think, the drivers that park their $70k truck and $50k bass boat at work

are voting no.... Or, are voting voting at all ?

Any "ride" by a supervisor, is an "exploratory" mission.

People run their mouth.

They know who they are dealing with....

-Bug-
Oh, I thought it was the part timers that didnt vote ... as it actually shows.

Now it's the drivers that fish and drive a nice pickup. Great analogy.

I would say those that have the most vote the most.

What was the percentage of voters vs the total eligible membership at ups pkg in the last cba?

What is the percentage of the population that vote in a presidential election that governs more than a cba?

The whole country is spoiled not just upsers bud.

We dont know how good we have it compared to the rest of the world.

Dues? I know Teamster grocery haulers that make as much as I do with their incentives but pay about half the dues so while us pusillanimous ups people are propping up losers salaries in high places try not to forget that our women workers are men compared to other trades you espouse as real Teamsters.

Great brotherhood bud. Keep stabbing the people who belong to this union. It's not your right.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Absolutely not.

That's the problem. The majority didn't vote.

The strike vote was a "feeler gauge" in ascertaining the support of a strike.

It wasn't there. Even in "97" when member support was high, people still crossed.

Do you think, the drivers that park their $70k truck and $50k bass boat at work

are voting no.... Or, are voting voting at all ?

Any "ride" by a supervisor, is an "exploratory" mission.

People run their mouth.

They know who they are dealing with....

-Bug-
Yes they do know who they are dealing with. When a BA walks in they....slap a box of doughnuts on the desk and the rest is history. Lol.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Oh, I thought it was the part timers that didnt vote ... as it actually shows.

Now it's the drivers that fish and drive a nice pickup. Great analogy.

I would say those that have the most vote the most.

What was the percentage of voters vs the total eligible membership at ups pkg in the last cba?

What is the percentage of the population that vote in a presidential election that governs more than a cba?

The whole country is spoiled not just upsers bud.

We dont know how good we have it compared to the rest of the world.

Dues? I know Teamster grocery haulers that make as much as I do with their incentives but pay about half the dues so while us pusillanimous ups people are propping up losers salaries in high places try not to forget that our women workers are men compared to other trades you espouse as real Teamsters.

Great brotherhood bud. Keep stabbing the people who belong to this union. It's not your right.

Why are you so angry ?

I thought we had productive sidebar conversations in PM's ?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Why are you so angry ?

I thought we had productive sidebar conversations in PM's ?
Nice try. Why are you so angry? You never get over UPS people, TDU, Fred, and the like. I am angry about how you disrespect the common worker who pays the largest dues. I do get angry about the slams that UPS people get for their voting percentages when we are the largest supporters of the IBT, even in RTW states.
Why do you lump everyone together with a blanket statement of condemnation when the UPS people that I know are staunch Union supporters even when they get ripped off. Some have given up but many of my friends press on and fight the battles even if it's against their own local.
Anger challenges the status quo and turns over rotten ships. There is a place for anger and there is a place for honesty and both of them together can make changes.

You think about that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nice try. Why are you so angry? You never get over UPS people, TDU, Fred, and the like.

Walk a mile in my shoes.

I am angry about how you disrespect the common worker who pays the largest dues.

UPS employee's don't pay the largest dues. Maybe % wise, not individually.

Anger challenges the status quo and turns over rotten ships. There is a place for anger and there is a place for honesty and both of them together can make changes.

You think about that.

Here's a little food for thought....

Let's see how you feel down the road. Yes, I know what happened (recently)

in your Local. Your "rotten ship" problem is now.... not a problem.

You're Local is going to have a whole new set of problems.... and it ain't

gonna be pretty. ;)

Inthegame

Yep. At UPS, a full time member working 40 hours per week pays the same dues as an equally senior member working 60 hours.
Now in some locals with members under commissioned based wages, the dues are based on the prior years total salary, not a base wage, whereas at UPS, base wages (not including OT) determine dues.
So a commissioned driver could pay more in dues than a higher earning UPS driver.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Walk a mile in my shoes.

Here's a little food for thought....

Let's see how you feel down the road. Yes, I know what happened (recently)

in your Local. Your "rotten ship" problem is now.... not a problem.

You're Local is going to have a whole new set of problems.... and it ain't

gonna be pretty. ;)
I'm not talking about a local or our local or any local.
I'm talking about your condescending attitude toward upsers. Dont presume to know everything about everyone.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yep. At UPS, a full time member working 40 hours per week pays the same dues as an equally senior member working 60 hours.
Now in some locals with members under commissioned based wages, the dues are based on the prior years total salary, not a base wage, whereas at UPS, base wages (not including OT) determine dues.
So a commissioned driver could pay more in dues than a higher earning UPS driver.
My grocery hauling Teamsters friend makes about $19/hr. He pays about $50/month in dues.
He grosses around $85,000-90,000 in wages with his mileage, stop, fuel, pre and post trip pay. He is a senior driver.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
But, but, did you walk a mile in his shoes? I doubt that he ever has. Lol.
First, I don't make a judgement on anyone else's experience that I haven't been working with and I dont disallow bug's shoe comment. I haven't walked in his shoes. I have walked in mine and the scenery I have passed is what I've experienced. That I can comment on. The comments continuously slamming upsers and equating them to tdu to dilute their statements on here gets old, not that anything on here matters in reality but for those who come here seeking info it is just political smoke. Trying to "out" someone here is his past and present practice as can be seen in previous posts on here about PM's to which he could have PM'd the poster but he'd rather try to out someone than to "help" clarify an issue he (or his political associates) doesn't agree with. It's all throwing rocks to help his buddies political agenda. It's a great brotherhood unless you are a member at times trying to get honest representation (in any local) on valid issues. It's all about who is right in this club and not necessarily about what is right.
My personal experiences are only mine and the people I work with. No one has the right to judge someone else who doesnt "walk a mile" in their shoes but BUG does. Therein is the problem.

Finally, I would say that what happened in a local recently does not make all members rejoice. I was told that the eboard kicked a guy (and family) to the curb during a very crushing time in their life and this was done vindictively to try to save their jobs. This information was just disclosed wednesday. Had the other slate known what the discarded person's family was going thru the other slate would've nominated him back into the running for his job because his family needed his teamster family now more than ever. Regardless of what the past has been we believe that you dont kick a fellow brother when they are suffering.

Hopefully, the scum that did this to this man has to go find a job shortly because whether all the members agree with the quality of their representation you dont do this to a person who desperately need benefits and income and if you decide to do this you better be ready to have a throw down.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
First, I don't make a judgement on anyone else's experience that I haven't been working with and I dont disallow bug's shoe comment. I haven't walked in his shoes. I have walked in mine and the scenery I have passed is what I've experienced. That I can comment on. The comments continuously slamming upsers and equating them to tdu to dilute their statements on here gets old, not that anything on here matters in reality but for those who come here seeking info it is just political smoke. Trying to "out" someone here is his past and present practice as can be seen in previous posts on here about PM's to which he could have PM'd the poster but he'd rather try to out someone than to "help" clarify an issue he (or his political associates) doesn't agree with. It's all throwing rocks to help his buddies political agenda. It's a great brotherhood unless you are a member at times trying to get honest representation (in any local) on valid issues. It's all about who is right in this club and not necessarily about what is right.
My personal experiences are only mine and the people I work with. No one has the right to judge someone else who doesnt "walk a mile" in their shoes but BUG does. Therein is the problem.

Finally, I would say that what happened in a local recently does not make all members rejoice. I was told that the eboard kicked a guy (and family) to the curb during a very crushing time in their life and this was done vindictively to try to save their jobs. This information was just disclosed wednesday. Had the other slate known what the discarded person's family was going thru the other slate would've nominated him back into the running for his job because his family needed his teamster family now more than ever. Regardless of what the past has been we believe that you dont kick a fellow brother when they are suffering.

Hopefully, the scum that did this to this man has to go find a job shortly because whether all the members agree with the quality of their representation you dont do this to a person who desperately need benefits and income and if you decide to do this you better be ready to have a throw down.
This is what happens when you let overgrown children "Teamsters" get under your skin. Sickofit? Youre going to have heart and BP issues if you hold all,of that resentment and combativenes long enough.
About your "brotherhood" last week, some dork comes on, hiding, and belittled because of a serious medical condition and said to just quit my job so someone else can have it. These are your brothers and sisters, quote unquote. Believe me, they aren't...they'll turn their backs at the drop of a hat. 4 year olds have more emotional intelligence in many cases.They have no heart, loyalty does not require it..they are just followers.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
This is what happens when you let overgrown children "Teamsters" get under your skin. Sickofit? Youre going to have heart and BP issues if you hold all,of that resentment and combativenes long enough.
About your "brotherhood" last week, some dork comes on, hiding, and belittled because of a serious medical condition and said to just quit my job so someone else can have it. These are your brothers and sisters, quote unquote. Believe me, they aren't...they'll turn their backs at the drop of a hat. 4 year olds have more emotional intelligence in many cases.They have no heart, loyalty does not require it..they are just followers.
I give up.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
@UnconTROLLed , I understand your statements and how you feel not dismissing any of your experiences. It's hard not to care. It's equally hard to know where to draw the line. I believe it's time to move on. It's not worth the energy. Thanks for your words.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
@UnconTROLLed , I understand your statements and how you feel not dismissing any of your experiences. It's hard not to care. It's equally hard to know where to draw the line. I believe it's time to move on. It's not worth the energy. Thanks for your words.
I don't judge and my blanket statement was a little cynical, so there's that. It is just my opinion that generally** it is a me-first union. Which makes sense because it is a me-first culture. If you feel as though you can make a difference, I respect that.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I don't judge and my blanket statement was a little cynical, so there's that. It is just my opinion that generally** it is a me-first union. Which makes sense because it is a me-first culture. If you feel as though you can make a difference, I respect that.
Every honest voice makes a crack in the wall. We have made a difference in our ups facility. Today I'm a bit down with the rhetoric. I said I was "giving up". It's impossible for me to truly give up. Sometime you just need to mentally reload and this is the day. Those that care get a full plate. I'm there. Have a great night and thank you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Part time UPS "individuals" for sure pay the largest percentage of their gross wages in Union dues monthly, way more than any "full time member" at any company....and that's a fact.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Part time UPS "individuals" for sure pay the largest percentage of their gross wages in Union dues monthly, way more than any "full time member" at any company....and that's a fact.

Maybe....

Do you know what airline pilots pay in dues ?

The IBT dues structure was voted on and approved by the elected delegates at

the 2002 "blue ribbon commission". I've never seen that as a factor in why

PT employees quit. Nowadays, they don't like physical labor and have never done it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Maybe....

Do you know what airline pilots pay in dues ?

The IBT dues structure was voted on and approved by the elected delegates at

the 2002 "blue ribbon commission". I've never seen that as a factor in why

PT employees quit. Nowadays, they don't like physical labor and have never done it.
Hates UPSers- loves their....money. Lol.