And these pieces of garbage refused to stand with UPS Freight.

B-Brown

You need to read the IBT constitution. When did you become an IBT lawyer ?

Hey Einstein, read Article 12. The supplements need to all pass in order for the Master to ratify. The General President has the option to renegotiate the Master. He used another clause in the Constitution to push the contract on the members. You are just another Hoffa stooge.

tyqcJoNjNv0Fq.gif

B-Brown

You need to read the IBT constitution. When did you become an IBT lawyer ?

By the way, I don't know what dimension you live in but not one person living in this country needs to be registered with the B.A.R. (British Accredited Registry) in order to represent anyone in court. Nor do you have to be a lawyer to interpret a Constitution that you are bound to as a member of the Teamsters.

You are a gem. Read your stuff in the past and I get a chuckle from a know-it-all.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The supplements need to all pass in order for the Master to ratify.

Incorrect.

It's in black and white

Yes it is....

Let me help you out.

The IBT Constitution states in black and white that the Master can be ratified even though some Supplements or Riders are not.

IBT Constitution

Article XII Section 2

In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement.

Now, whether Hoffa had the authority to renegotiate the Master, despite the IBT Constitution, well, I'll leave that up to the lawyers.

B-Brown

Incorrect.

Yes it is....

Let me help you out.

The IBT Constitution states in black and white that the Master can be ratified even though some Supplements or Riders are not.

IBT Constitution

Article XII Section 2

In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement.

Now, whether Hoffa had the authority to renegotiate the Master, despite the IBT Constitution, well, I'll leave that up to the lawyers.

And,,,,,,,

Area, Multi-Area, Multi-Employer, National, Company-wide or Industry-wide Contracts Section 2(a). If a majority of the affiliated Local Unions vote to participate in area, multi-area, national, multi-employer, company-wide, or industry-wide negotiations for an area, multi-area, national, multi-employer, company-wide, or industry-wide agreement (hereinafter “master agreement”), all involved affiliated Local Unions shall comprise a multi-union unit, be bound by such vote, must participate in such master agreement bargaining and shall be bound by the agreement approved as provided below. Upon completion of negotiations by any committee designated as hereinafter set forth to engage in negotiations of a master agreement, such agreement shall be submitted to the membership involved in such negotiations for their approval or rejection as the final offer in accordance with Section 2(d) herein. (b). If a majority of the votes cast by the involved membership approve such agreement, it shall become binding and effective upon all Local Unions involved and their members. Local Unions which are parties to ART. XII, SEC. 1-2 [ 91 ] such agreements may not withdraw from such bargaining unit except upon six (6) months’ notice and for good cause shown to the satisfaction of the appropriate Committee, and approved by the General Executive Board of the International Union. The involved master committee shall have the right to relinquish entirely, or modify, in whole or in part, its authority as an agent for one or more of the involved Local Unions with respect to one or more employers involved, under such circumstances and conditions and for such reasons as it, in its sole judgment, may determine, subject to appeal to the General Executive Board by any affiliate affected adversely by such action. If any Local Union believes that a master agreement proposal will deprive its involved members of better existing conditions of general application to all such involved members of the Local Union, it may appeal to the General Executive Board, which must give an answer to the appeal before the contract approval votes are sent out to the involved members. The General Executive Board shall have the final authority to determine whether such alleged better general conditions shall be continued or shall yield to the overall gains of the proposed master agreements. Unless mutually agreed to, no Local Union shall suffer any economic loss. Any such appeal must be filed by the Local Union prior to the mailing of the proposed agreement to the involved members for ratification. The term “economic loss” refers to wages, health and welfare and pension benefits, or other conditions of employment which directly impact on a member’s earnings

"Unless mutually agreed to, no Local Union shall suffer any economic loss."

So, who agreed to lessen the supplement and/or the Master? Are you saying that the contract in 2013 wasn't economic loss?

In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement. The master negotiating committee shall assist the supplemental negotiating committee when bargaining resumes with the employer in an effort to resolve the issues. In the event the parties cannot reach a negotiated settlement, the master negotiating committee shall have the authority to determine the appropriate action to be taken, including authorizing a strike. Where further bargaining results in a revised tentative agreement, the proposal shall be submitted to the affected members for another vote in accordance with the provisions of Article XII, Section 1(b). In the event the members reject that revised tentative agreement, the master committee shall return to bargaining and attempt to address the remaining issues. If a new tentative agreement is reached, it shall be submitted to the affected members for another vote. In the event no new tentative agreement is reached, or if the members reject the new tentative agreement, the master committee shall conduct a separate strike authorization vote among the members covered by the special rider or supplement. The separate strike vote cannot be combined with the vote on any revised tentative agreement. If the affected members fail to authorize a strike utilizing the standards set forth in Section 1(b) of this Article, or refuse to strike if one is authorized by the affected members and ART. XII, SEC. 2 [ 93 ] is called by the master negotiating committee, the master negotiating committee shall have authority to accept the final offer or such additional provisions as can be negotiated. If the affected members authorize a strike, the master negotiating committee shall have authority to determine the time and manner in which such action shall be initiated. Once a strike has been authorized by the separate vote of the members covered by the special rider or supplement and a strike commenced, the special rider or supplement shall not take effect without approval by a majority of the votes cast by the affected members. No special supplement or rider may contain provisions which are inferior to comparable provisions in the master agreement of which the supplement or rider is a part. When a master agreement negotiated under the provisions of this Article provides for a reopener and renegotiation, or is voluntarily reopened during its stated term, the above voting procedure shall apply to ratification of the new terms, if any, and Section 2(d) shall apply to strike votes.

So, yes the Master is renegotiable! In these provisions it does not state anywhere about a 50% or 2/3 rule!

SOOOOOO Yes, we were sold out! PERIOD!

B-Brown

And,,,, yes they need to pass in order for ratification....

If amendments to local or area supplements or riders to a master agreement are voluntarily negotiated during the term of such agreement, such amendments must be approved by a majority vote of the members involved and affected by the amendments, regardless of job classification, voting by secret ballot

B-Brown

Incorrect.

I did in fact say that. Hoffa used the language against us. There is other language that gave him authority to do so, BUT he had an obligation to the membership to renegotiate in good faith. He didn't. He decided to re-install the same contract and have us vote on that.

B-Brown

Section 6. The General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.

This doesn't trouble you? Your voice (collectively) doesn't matter?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I did in fact say that. Hoffa used the language against us. There is other language that gave him authority to do so, BUT he had an obligation to the membership to renegotiate in good faith. He didn't. He decided to re-install the same contract and have us vote on that.

I didn't dispute this. He may or may not, depending upon the intent or meaning of the Constitution.

You may be correct, but I will leave this to the lawyers.

And,,,, yes they need to pass in order for ratification....

This is what I replied to and said that it was incorrect.

And I will say it again...

The Master can be ratified even though some Supplements are not.

The IBT Constitution provides for this.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I get it.... you despise men.
Which teamsters that you represented for your stint as BA are "men"? The ones that arent women or the ones that catered to your local and neighboring cronies fighting for power in glass houses? Please enlighten us to who are "men"...not that your or anyone's rendition is substantiated on here.
How 'bout the ones that work a day a week on fmla are men? The ones that flip upon regime change are men? The ones that cover for really weak representation are men because they wear the right color vest?
I think that I know but help us out.

B-Brown

I didn't dispute this. He may or may not, depending upon the intent or meaning of the Constitution.

You may be correct, but I will leave this to the lawyers.

This is what I replied to and said that it was incorrect.

And I will say it again...

The Master can be ratified even though some Supplements are not.

The IBT Constitution provides for this.

Hoffa had choices. The IBT Constitution is like law, it's an interpretation. He decided it was best to push the contract on the very people who voted it down. It is very clear what he could and should have done.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Hoffa had choices. The IBT Constitution is like law, it's an interpretation. He decided it was best to push the contract on the very people who voted it down. It is very clear what he could and should have done.
Beating a dead horse bro. Hoffa's done. Look to the battle ahead. Do what you do best and forget the failures of those special people who took your hard earned money and rubbed your nose in it. Pay backs happen. It takes awhile but it comes back around. Change what you can. Leave the dead to bury the dead.