Another One Bites The Dust......

Got "Canned" Today.
Have been a preloader for a month and a half. TBH they arent going to keep any new hires with the way PTs are getting treated. My PT preload sup had it out for me.
Hope you get hit by a car if you are reading this......
Besides another disgruntled past UPSer :), is there any way i can get my union dues and initiation fee refunded. i heard about it but wasnt sure. Local 162.
Sorry for the venting. I just cant believe the garbage that everyone puts up with. When are Part Timers going to step up?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Got "Canned" Today.
Have been a preloader for a month and a half. TBH they arent going to keep any new hires with the way PTs are getting treated. My PT preload sup had it out for me.
Besides another disgruntled past UPSer :), is there any way i can get my union dues and initiation fee refunded. i heard about it but wasnt sure. Local 162.
Sorry for the venting. I just cant believe the garbage that everyone puts up with. When are Part Timers going to step up?

Eh? You have to step up before you expect anyone else to step up. It's a game. Either play or be played.

I'm guessing you were terminated for stealing, dishonesty, or violence. If not, you should be able to get your job back given you do not lie about what happened.

If you are really through, just goto your union hall or call your union hall and ask them where if you can collect your dues and initiation fees. Our withdrawrals are done where the pension funds are managed, however you do not want a withdrawral card - you want out.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Got "Canned" Today.

Our preload sup has one mission in life. To make anyone within her reach more miserable then her face screams she is. Funny thing is, though, she has one person she trusts. (whom regularly stops by to tell me all) She hates everyone. Not just the people who work for her, but the people she works for. She is always saying our Division Manager is bi-polar. Hates on-car. Despises center manager. Snarls at Dispatcher. Ugly, ugly person.

I was fired because they said this job wasnt for me. I was not fired for stealing, dishonesty, nor violence. I have had over 50 misloads. It really doesnt help when your PT sup is in your car auditing and you cant get into it and load so you have to stack. Then at the end of the sort it is WW3 trying to get everything back into the right car. Im sure you can imagine. I didnt obtain seniority yet. does that change anything about getting my job back?

menotyou

bella amicizia
No. They blamed you for their system failure. Not service failure. System failure. You are a victim. The death of preload started with PAS/EDD system. I feel your pain. Good luck to you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Did you work 30 days yet (working days, not calendar days)?
I would contact the union regardless of anything, even if you did not make 30 working days. Explain to them the situation. Call your union hall and ask for a BA.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Considering you don't have seniority, UPS was within its rights to terminate you, I think. Misloads shouldn't be a factor in termination, but they are trying to do it everywhere. You certainly can try contacting your steward or BA. The building you worked at should have a contact number for you, if you don't already. Try it. The worst you will hear is no. Let us know.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We've had employees with 10-20 misloads a day that are still working, so 50 in roughly 30 days is not THAT bad, especially for a new-hire. That is an average of less than two a day. I would guess at least 50% of our center averages two or more a day.

menotyou

bella amicizia
One day, another WW III situation, we were sooo backed up. Jackwad dispatcher comes up to help. I tell him I don't want his help as he is the worst misloader in the building. Too bad, he says. Jackwad hands me packages yelling out shelf position. I load "as directed". Next day, preload sup tries to write me up for the 40+ misloads on two different trucks EACH!! I laughed my ass off and said, guess you are writing up ***** too, as he was telling me where to load what. She got very red in the face and walked away. I spent 2 hours after sort in managers office laughing with him and OMS' about it.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't know much about the US labour laws.
But, here 90 day probation period is common everywhere. Union or nor union.

Within those 90 days, any company can fire you, with no specific reason given at all.
I don't think the union can do much for you, but hopefully give you your dues back.
They might hav e a small chat with your management, but by no means are they obligated at all to keep you employed.
Sorry, but good luck in the future, and hopefully you'll find something less back-breaking and stressful soon.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
UPS can pretty much fire you at will during the first 30 days. BUt with all the "long lines" of people wanting to get hired on part time at UPS, I cant figure out why they would run you off.

Paying union dues is a two edged sword. You have to pay the dues, but they dont have to represent you at your job loss hearing? Dont think that should fly. Contact them to clarify your position, and theirs on the matter.

One thing you can do is go file for unemployment. As long as you dont do something dishonest, you can draw.

d

washington57

i have to agree with UPS on this one. 50 misloads in a month? you aren't suited for preloading. why fight for a job you obviously hate and aren't any good at?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
No. They blamed you for their system failure. Not service failure. System failure. You are a victim. The death of preload started with PAS/EDD system. I feel your pain. Good luck to you.

The system didn't fail he did. Do not get confused. PAL say's put it in car 112 then put it in car 112, very simple.

Sounds like a supervisor finally stepped up and got rid of a poor employee early.

Drivers are always complaining about mis-loads, well we solved that.. problem today.