Anybody happen to notice gas prices lately !!!

vantexan

I still don't see how a totally electric car could provide the heat needed to keep a person comfortable and the windshield defrosted during a normal Mn. winter --and still have enough poop left over to run a car. . Generating heat requires humongous amounts of electricity. EV's might catch on in the far southern states but NEVER in the north unless someone invents a battery that can put out 1500 watts for hours on end. Air-conditioning would be hard enough to provide enough juice to operate for an extended period of time but HEAT is a totally different animal.
Good points. Now we'll have @bacha29 or @It will be fine tell you how crazy you are to think that and that it'll all work out because, well, solar and wind.

El Correcto

god is dead
I live in a northern state that gets really cold and there’s plenty of Teslas driving around. So I’m not really concerned with people that are afraid of electric cars. They’ll buy them when they are the only ones produced.
No I’ll just see it as necessary to replace parts on my current gas guzzling V8 or go into the used market. I’m not interesting in your conflict batteries and coal powered vehicles.

It will be fine

No I’ll just see it as necessary to replace parts on my current gas guzzling V8 or go into the used market. I’m not interesting in your conflict batteries and coal powered vehicles.
Have fun, nobody cares. Electric cars are the future of the industry. No one will stop you from wasting a bunch of money to virtue signal your hatred of progress.

vantexan

I live in a northern state that gets really cold and there’s plenty of Teslas driving around. So I’m not really concerned with people that are afraid of electric cars. They’ll buy them when they are the only ones produced.
Yes it's cool to drive Teslas when you have plenty of money. How long will Wal-Mart workers have to wait for a used electric car market to be able to hopefully afford one? Not to mention for the foreseeable future they will be powered by lithium batteries. There are limited deposits of lithium in the world. I believe the biggest one is in Bolivia. As the demand grows so will the price of lithium. And of course Bacha will be alarmed at all the strip mining to get at those deposits. Maybe not, probably could care less about Bolivians. Maybe they'll perfect hydrogen cars and this won't be an issue.

It will be fine

Is that what you call your 1950’s authoritarian government views? Progress? This is 2021 the Soviet Union fell get over it d bag.
In what twisted worldview is acknowledging the future of the auto industry revolving around electric cars an authoritarian government view? I think you just play aggrieved right winger mad libs. Blah blah, Communists! Blah blah, Soviet Union!!!!! Context not required.

vantexan

In what twisted worldview is acknowledging the future of the auto industry revolving around electric cars an authoritarian government view? I think you just play aggrieved right winger mad libs. Blah blah, Communists! Blah blah, Soviet Union!!!!! Context not required.
So how about strictly from the point of view of affordability?

El Correcto

god is dead
You’re no longer talking about redistributing, you’re now going into centralized control of the economy.

This is why I voted for Trump instead of Biden and the radicals he supports in our party. Trump is a democrat just like me that was left behind when the commie cult took over.

It will be fine

You’re no longer talking about redistributing, you’re now going into centralized control of the economy.

This is why I voted for Trump instead of Biden and the radicals he supports in our party. Trump is a democrat just like me that was left behind when the commie cult took over.
Blah blah, centralized control! Blah blah, Pelosi!!! Blah blah, Comet Pizza!!!!!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I still don't see how a totally electric car could provide the heat needed to keep a person comfortable and the windshield defrosted during a normal Mn. winter --and still have enough poop left over to run a car. . Generating heat requires humongous amounts of electricity. EV's might catch on in the far southern states but NEVER in the north unless someone invents a battery that can put out 1500 watts for hours on end. Air-conditioning would be hard enough to provide enough juice to operate for an extended period of time but HEAT is a totally different animal.
Wood burning stove in the trunk.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Have fun, nobody cares. Electric cars are the future of the industry. No one will stop you from wasting a bunch of money to virtue signal your hatred of progress.
Lol. Hollywood will make a movie about those cars... (Not So) Fast And Furious (Over The Car Needing A Charge)

vantexan

As mass production increases cost goes down. Just like everything else.
From an already very high price. You still haven't addressed the scarcity of lithium for batteries. Not to mention the disposal of hundreds of millions of batteries as their useful life expires. The infrastructure needed to charge hundreds of millions of batteries. Not as simple as just plugging it in.