Anybody in a rtw State... read

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Zero. Only downfall I can think of off top of my head is you can’t vote. But it’s obvious that doesn’t matter much after tonight

Yes it does matter.

We did this to ourselves. Couldn't even get half the people to vote.

If we did, it would be a different outcome.

Freight and the Airline mechanics got over half to vote and both of their contracts were rejected.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes it does matter.

We did this to ourselves. Couldn't even get half the people to vote.

If we did, it would be a different outcome.

Freight and the Airline mechanics got over half to vote and both of their contracts were rejected.
Then it’s time to have a part-time contract and a full-time contract. Let’s make the divide even further, who cares?

Trailer monkey

Anybody who voted no, or anybody who has any respect for the democratic process, I recommend they contact their union hall and ask for with withdraw papers. Do the right thing. Don’t give them your money if they won’t fight for you.
Get lost, this is the union board, not for scabs or management

Integrity

Binge Poster
Anybody who voted no, or anybody who has any respect for the democratic process, I recommend they contact their union hall and ask for with withdraw papers. Do the right thing. Don’t give them your money if they won’t fight for you.
Mob mentality won't work.

Live with personal integrity.

Be part of the solution not the problem.

Any more information on the 15 day window?
When you originally signed up for the union, you agreed with the very fine print, that says you agree to only opting out in the window. I’d have to research it again to give you exactly how it works. It’s something like having to write a letter, 60 days before you signed up originally, within a 15 day window, stating your intention to leave. It’s a little hassle that I often wonder if they offer such a great service, why make it difficult? If you forget and miss the window, u have to wait entire year to try again

Last edited:
Mob mentality won't work.

Live with personal integrity.

Be part of the solution not the problem.
The only solution I had was to leave. If my local had an ounce of integrity I would have stayed. It would show hope. If someone told me ten years ago I’d leave the union, I’d never believed it. I was beyond proud. Turns out they’re thieves

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
When you originally signed up for the union, you agreed with the very fine print, that says you agree to only opting out in the window. I’d have to research it again to give you exactly how it works. It’s something like having to write a letter, 60 days before you signed up originally, within a 15 day window, stating your intention to leave. It’s a little hassle that I often wonder if they offer such a great service, why make it difficult?

Thanks, I had a withdrawal card from the UAW after I took my buy-out and don't remember doing amyanyth but the check-off card. I'm going see how this plays out but I'm really dissatisfied with how this has all gone down.

I don't think the union should ever tell me how to vote unless we are ready to strike or be locked out. I've been through at least 7 contracts with the IAM, UAW and now Teamsters and this is the first time I've ever seen the union and company work together for a yes vote.

Trailer monkey

The only solution I had was to leave. If my local had an ounce of integrity I would have stayed. It would show hope. If someone told me ten years ago I’d leave the union, I’d never believed it. I was beyond proud. Turns out they’re thieves
So everything was taken from you, is that what you are saying?

So everything was taken from you, is that what you are saying?
What I’m saying is I’ll pay double dues for great representation. We make good money, the dues are something I’d like to proudly pay. Was everything taken from me? Almost, if the company AND union had their way. Union was upset I’d call local and complain. BA always took company side, drop grievances. I had already gotten to the point of anticipating leaving prior to getting set up. That was the nail in coffin. Would you pay $100 every month to organization that supposedly works for you, yet disregards and helps falsify termination?

Trailer monkey

What I’m saying is I’ll pay double dues for great representation. We make good money, the dues are something I’d like to proudly pay. Was everything taken from me? Almost, if the company AND union had their way. Union was upset I’d call local and complain. BA always took company side, drop grievances. I had already gotten to the point of anticipating leaving prior to getting set up. That was the nail in coffin. Would you pay $100 every month to organization that supposedly works for you, yet disregards and helps falsify termination?
I will as long as I am not terminated, as long as I am making $30.64 an hour and full benefits I WILL PAY MY FAIR SHARE, even if I never win a grievance and my local were run by Somali pirates. If it ever gets so bad that I want to drop out of the union, I will quit and work at Taco Bell. For over 100k in pay and benefits, I'll pay $200, it's nothing. My point is, you have to weigh the total benefit of union compared to non-union. Dropping out gives the company what they want and want for all of us to do. If your local leadership sucks, vote them out. The "union" is your fellow workers, not the leadership, and the company would love for us to all lose faith it it

LagunaBrown

Typical vote no crybaby. You were too dumb to know the constitution rules and now your gonna prove you are even dumber by leaving the Union. Really smart telling people to give away their voting rights when you were only 12,000 away from actually winning. Why don’t you try to build off the success you guys had getting people to vote. I swear you guys are so stupid. All heart no brains.

Tony Q

That’s a weak move, but don’t forget that Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, and Wisconsin have been added to this list. We in the Teamsters are transparent and want you to have all the facts.