Anybody in a rtw State... read

Integrity

Binge Poster
The only solution I had was to leave. If my local had an ounce of integrity I would have stayed. It would show hope. If someone told me ten years ago I’d leave the union, I’d never believed it. I was beyond proud. Turns out they’re thieves
Hope it is working out for you.

I believe in spending less time evaluating other's integrity and more time focusing on my personal integrity.

Even when it is hard.

a911scanner

I am doing well.
I hope you find this Jimmy you are looking for.
If you are looking for Jimmy H then you may want to write a letter to the IBT.

I don't think a letter would help. As of the current climate at the IBT offices, I think you may just get mis-information, if not down right being ignored.

futile process

All you need to do is send a certified letter requesting that you be taken off dues check off withdrawal, and no longer wish to be a member of the union. Request the original sign up date of your membership, and submit the withdrawal within the 14 day window. In writing certified mail. Otherwise they will ignore your letter.

RealPerson

You can't vote or run for Union office or be a Steward. You will be an outcast and a scab. Enjoy your $40/hr wage and free health care for you and your family and eventually a pension worth a lot more then most Americans can hope to earn working.

Not how it works.....
UPS still has to pay for the Pension and Health care. Only thing your Dues go to is your Locals $$$ paycheck and expenses of that Local...

Hope it is working out for you.

I believe in spending less time evaluating other's integrity and more time focusing on my personal integrity.

Even when it is hard.
Working out quite well. I sleep well at night knowing I’m not a punk. And I’ll pay no attention to a poster questioning my integrity. I’m certain any member would take same route I did if faced with the same issues. It doesn’t matter if anyone agrees or not.

Last edited:
$36/hr, free healthcare benefits, an excellent pension after 30 or 35 years, 7 weeks paid vacation. Yeah, I agree you should just walk.
I’m not arguing that fact. As I mentioned earlier, I wish I could still feel the way you do. All that stuff doesn’t matter if they’re falsifying :censored2: to discharge you. I earn my pay and benefits. You must be in a hub that has some brotherhood climate? Mine is full of runner gunners and the previous two stewards were essentially management that threatened members of looming harassment if they filed. Honestly, if the union participated in you being discharged, if it truly was a setup, no way you could cut them a check ever again. Some things are forgivable. But taking someone’s livelihood on trumped up charges isn’t one of them. I do not forget or forgive that :censored2:.

Trailer monkey

All you need to do is send a certified letter requesting that you be taken off dues check off withdrawal, and no longer wish to be a member of the union. Request the original sign up date of your membership, and submit the withdrawal within the 14 day window. In writing certified mail. Otherwise they will ignore your letter.
They should throw it straight in the trash