Anyone ever had this problem?

Spoke with my shop steward today about filing grievance over a new persons getting more hours and clerk position. Steward said I should have been offer the “preferred position” and I should file grievance over the hours. Went to super Dan and mentioned once more “hey I’m good to go to do clerk work” only this time instead of saying “ups doesn’t like to give such positions to students” he flat out says no and his boss told him there are no positions on the local sort that constitute seniority fulfillment and he already has the people trained on the position

What do you think the odds of me winning this grievance are?

a911scanner

first---DON"T USE YOUR REAL NAME

I know you probably aren't familiar with much of the pop culture of the last 20 years, so this might help...
Mike1.png

Rod...meet Mike Wazowski. From Disney movie fame.

You're welcome.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
first---DON"T USE YOUR REAL NAME
second-- it never hurts to try.

Yeah google the name, not mine haha and yes I will try

It doesn't matter if they use their real name or not. Even if they change it, it stills shows up at the top of thread as the original name that created it.

Too bad so much effort is made to delete posts rather than fix that one little problem.

rod

Retired 22 years
It doesn't matter if they use their real name or not. Even if they change it, it stills shows up at the top of thread as the original name that created it.

Too bad so much effort is made to delete posts rather than fix that one little problem.
That does it -- I'm done trying to be a nice guy :-)

My real name is not on here, only my email.

tadpole

Spoke with my shop steward today about filing grievance over a new persons getting more hours and clerk position. Steward said I should have been offer the “preferred position” and I should file grievance over the hours. Went to super Dan and mentioned once more “hey I’m good to go to do clerk work” only this time instead of saying “ups doesn’t like to give such positions to students” he flat out says no and his boss told him there are no positions on the local sort that constitute seniority fulfillment and he already has the people trained on the position

Depends on where you are and past practice, etc.
In our contract (not sure if it’s our supplement or rider) it says the company will recognize seniority at all times. Or something close to that.

542thruNthru

You need to talk to your steward and ask about the "preferred jobs list". If he doesn't know what your talking about show him this article.

Also show your supervisor this in the NMA. I recommend filing a grievance using this article (22 section 4a) to see what comes of it.
Screenshot_20190822-212844_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

sandwich

The resident gearhead

When in doubt file

You need to talk to your steward and ask about the "preferred jobs list". If he doesn't know what your talking about show him this article.

Also show your supervisor this in the NMA. I recommend filing a grievance using this article (22 section 4a) to see what comes of it.
View attachment 260334
Thanks you by this logic I should also be able to grieve the hours the person has worked on carwash this person has technically had more training than me, on clerk work, but I had asked to be trained before they began there’s

UPSER1987

Are you a six month employee and was your name on the preferred job list prior to the position being filled? If not you’re sol. If so, you have a case. Simple for the steward. Either you’re missing parts of the story or you have a lazy steward.

Are you a six month employee and was your name on the preferred job list prior to the position being filled? If not you’re sol. If so, you have a case. Simple for the steward. Either you’re missing parts of the story or you have a lazy steward.

I’ve been here 3 years I talked with the steward and he also wondered why there was not a bid for the job. So no my name was never on the preferred job list because it Never happened