Anyone REGRET going to feeders?

twoweeled

Feeder bid sheet up. After 22 years in delivery my body needs a break but I'm on the fence about making the jump. Any former package car drivers out there who regret going into feeders?

I would and have recommended coming into feeder to my best friends! Some of the few problems; working nights are tough. You HAVE TO get your sleep!!! If you don't trust your wife, there's another problem. Getting comfortable with the equipment, YOU HAVE TO GIVE THAT SOME TIME. It is big! And heavy! But, I think you waited too long driver!!! Good luck in getting in and getting any seniority within the next 20 years!! With this contract, it's going to be even worse!

MaceFremonti

I should be OK. Number of drivers w/30+ years are retiring at the end of this contract in August and our area will be short feeder drivers. Thinking that if I can deal with being on call for 3 months I should end up with an OK run once the dust settles.

trucker4u

That would really depend on where you work. More about how fast you could move up. The more feeder drivers the faster you'll move. Even if your on CPU/TDP it's better than Package car.

bluehdmc

Feeder boo boo #1....missed my exit on the PA turnpike ... only lost about 40 minutes tho...figured it out almost as soon as I drove past it!

We've all done it.

The worst thing about missing your exit, turn, etc., is the thought, "Where do I turn this thing around?"
Another reason to like doubles, I can spin them around in a city intersection. Finding a place to back a longer trailer in can be a b*tch.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Feeder boo boo #1....missed my exit on the PA turnpike ... only lost about 40 minutes tho...figured it out almost as soon as I drove past it!

Times have changed. Where I'm at, you're guaranteed to be in the office the next day, regardless of how long you've been back here. Safety first, except when you're on the clock. That is the modern-day feeders. Safety only matters when you're in a wreck. Otherwise, it's all about counting the beans.

QKRSTKR

Ain't that the truth. A 10.5 day in feeders is nothing like a 10.5 day in pkgs.

Yea, I too missed my exit this week. Oops. I took scenic rte. oh we'll.

1st week on my bid run. Sleep scheduled all screwed up. Go to bed when I get home, only sleep like 4 hrs tops. Hope I can get that changed around.

MaceFremonti

I got lucky...only on Q list for a few weeks....couple of routes went up for bid by Q list guys only since 2 feeder drivers retired and 2 routes were left open after the dust settled. 2am start time but now I am a Feeder DRIVER....not just Feeder QUALIFIED!

Johney

I got lucky...only on Q list for a few weeks....couple of routes went up for bid by Q list guys only since 2 feeder drivers retired and 2 routes were left open after the dust settled. 2am start time but now I am a Feeder DRIVER....not just Feeder QUALIFIED!
Congrats!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
bastard...