Anyone wonder

There is no way that when Sunday becomes a regular work day that anyone is going to support premium pay for it. It just won't happen.

Not one Driver present at a meeting wanted the Sunday work. There was about 200 drivers present. Not one wanted the work.

If you were at that meeting you would have been the only one with a raised hand.
$72 an hour. Hit me as hard as you can.

Time for change

My main issue is looking out for part timers that have a month over part timers that have 15 years, but the 22.4 has horrible language that will screw all workers.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not so fast. A significant number of the people working here part time do so for a little extra spending money, some for insurance, and for myself, as a source of income while attending school.

Not everybody wants to be full time (yet), and it most certainly is not good for everybody.
I understand. I have had part-time jobs in the past as well. I understand the benefits of part-time jobs.

Did not mean to offend.

I meant from a Unionism perspective really. Unions have always been known, or should be, for protection of good Full-time jobs, with good pension and benefits. My understanding is that UPS didn't always have part-timers.

The Union has, IMHO, done a good job with making the part-time jobs decent jobs with benefits, and keeping them that way.

I understand. I have had part-time jobs in the past as well. I understand the benefits of part-time jobs.

Did not mean to offend.

I meant from a Unionism perspective really. Unions have always been known, or should be, for protection of good Full-time jobs, with good pension and benefits. My understanding is that UPS didn't always have part-timers.

The Union has, IMHO, done a good job with making the part-time jobs decent jobs with benefits, and keeping them that way.
Seriously?

Integrity

Binge Poster
My main issue is a loss or regular higher paying jobs and being replaced with lower paid jobs.

Crappy 9.5 language

And many other give backs

What don't you understand???
I don't see anyone losing their job as a result of this TA.

I only see opportunity.

Sorry I don't see it as you see it.

Time for change

UPS has had part timers longer than most of us were alive and it’s actually a bigger draw than you think for single mothers, small business owners, students etc. Not every Teamster is a male head of household, that doesn’t do laundry or talk to their daughters about tampons and taking them to practice after school.

Time for change

Integrity wtf are you talking about, nobody was losing their job without this bs contract. Depending on riders and interpretation many part timers that have many years of service could lose their job. Regular drivers could be laid off. When economy crashes, regular drivers will be seriously screwed.

jagger john

I do not approve of unsubstantiated falsities in internet discussion threads. It is harmful to unionism as a whole and harmful to all members.

INMHO

Individuals who post on the BC are hardly a representative sample of anything except for maybe people who post on internet discussions.

Present company included of course.
what is harmfull to the members is this contract

Time for change

Integrity there is zero language protecting the current driver and the current part timer from having 22.4 take work from them. Why on Earth would 22.4 have no 8 hr, no 9.5 etc. Company will abuse it under current language. Horrible horrible deal, vote no!!