Are you prepared to WALK/PICKET?

Walk picket strike savings money

• Yes

• No

• I’ll be a scab

• I’m paycheck to paycheck

Results are only viewable after voting.

Undertow

I think the company didn’t like being told that they had a hard deadline of today, so they walked out. Probably also didn’t like the practice picking and no possibility of extending bargaining past the 31st like in every other contract with the union. All I see here are the customers getting more nervous and letting the usps get more volume..and Amazon starting up their delivery business…just like they have done with Amazon freight…moving non Amazon volume on their trucks. Maybe that’s what ups wants…less staffing.
I'm sure they don't want to appear as powerless and having to bow down to a tough talking union president who up to this point has been publicly portrayed as dictating the terms.

If they think they have any shot at all of weakening his position and standing among newer hourlies to the point that they and potential new hires will withdraw from or elect not to join the union in all the "Right To Work (For Less)" states, then they are going to try it if the opportunity is there and right now it's there.

Shiftless

So retired opinions don't count ? Interesting!

I hired on just after the mid 70's strike and only participated in the 97 strike!

It was an interesting time for SURE!

People were warned to save monies prior to the strike! YOU are NOT gonna be just walking the picket line to get strike pay! Its gonna slow down! People will be getting minimum hours or no work at all if and when we return.

I watched some guys do their thing and all ways good. Emotional for some but overall most were ready.

Then the knuckleheads who live pay check to paycheck (you know the guys who have all the cool new toys or cars every two years) pull up to the picket line saying the most odd comments on how they will be ruined and they need to cross the line, their kids are gonna starve and they is gunna loose their house! They were reminded again that they were told 6 months previously all the way up to contract deadline to bank monies if we strike! You will need a back up fund or a job somewhere. Guys found jobs from companies on their routes.

I would say about 15 to 20% were out of their minds, some crossed only to disappear after the strike was over, due to peer pressure and lack of work due to the strike and low seniority. Others went into management only to lose their minds and quit in short order!

If there is a strike? Your gonna see true color's and they aint BROWN!

dos centavo's

anonymous23456

So retired opinions don't count ? Interesting!

I hired on just after the mid 70's strike and only participated in the 97 strike!

It was an interesting time for SURE!

People were warned to save monies prior to the strike! YOU are NOT gonna be just walking the picket line to get strike pay! Its gonna slow down! People will be getting minimum hours or no work at all if and when we return.

I watched some guys do their thing and all ways good. Emotional for some but overall most were ready.

Then the knuckleheads who live pay check to paycheck (you know the guys who have all the cool new toys or cars every two years) pull up to the picket line saying the most odd comments on how they will be ruined and they need to cross the line, their kids are gonna starve and they is gunna loose their house! They were reminded again that they were told 6 months previously all the way up to contract deadline to bank monies if we strike! You will need a back up fund or a job somewhere. Guys found jobs from companies on their routes.

I would say about 15 to 20% were out of their minds, some crossed only to disappear after the strike was over, due to peer pressure and lack of work due to the strike and low seniority. Others went into management only to lose their minds and quit in short order!

If there is a strike? Your gonna see true color's and they aint BROWN!

dos centavo's
Oh no! It will make a dent in my lifestyle.

3-20.jpg

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Those that are paycheck to paycheck should trade in their truck for a new truck in a few weeks that way their payment won't be due until Sept.

Also do that with the motorcycles, boat, rv, plane.... etc

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We had 90% participation in our "picket practice" this morning. We had 15-20 come in off of vacation and comp. Our full timers are ready and unified.
We have not even heard a peep about a picket practice or anything.. our local has not done :censored2: and neither has the Ba.. people here don’t even know that you keep your insurance if you strike.