Are You Ready For Another iPhone?

JL 0513

Renders the phone useless. Lmao come on mr dramatic.

I get that iPhones aren't customizable. That's not why people buy them. People buy them because within 5 minutes most people are able to use it to do anything they need it to do.

My question has nothing to do with customization. Other than the home button, the back button is the most used function on a phone.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Go back a page. Something I do a million times a day on my Android phone. I pick up an iPhone and there's no back button. I imagine some apps have on screen back buttons but from my experience, I couldn't find one. Could just it home button which is not what I wanted to do.

Swipe to go back. Easy, peasy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just would like to know just WTF is so customizable about an Android device?

I can set up folders and pages on my iPhone to my heart's content. What more would I need to do?
Goes way above anything I need my phone to do.

There's things I hate about apple. I hate the Lightning charger I hate that they took out the aux plug in but they are just so damn easy to use.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

There's things I hate about apple. I hate the Lightning charger I hate that they took out the aux plug in but they are just so damn easy to use.

I'm still using an SE. Lightning charger, but still have the audio-out even though I seldom use it.

I love the form-factor, and I'll keep on rocking it until the battery gives out. Even then, I'll probably risk replacing it.

JL 0513

Thing is, Android takes no thought to use. Couldn't be easier for everyday use of apps. You do, however, have the ability to dig deep and do all kinds of things. But like iPhone, you unlock, click an app and go.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're the first person to ever answer this question. I've actually asked many times. So swipe left to right? Cool.

In Safari, which is the only app I see a need to go back, you can also swipe down and open a toolbar at the bottom of the screen with arrows to go forward or back.

You know, kinda premium stuff.;)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Thing is, Android takes no thought to use. Couldn't be easier for everyday use of apps. You do, however, have the ability to dig deep and do all kinds of things. But like iPhone, you unlock, click an app and go.

Borrow an iPod touch, an iPad or an iPhone for 15 minutes someday, and you'll learn just how easy and intuitive they are.

JL 0513

In Safari, which is the only app I see a need to go back, you can also swipe down and open a toolbar at the bottom of the screen with arrows to go forward or back.

Well, a high percentage of apps have pages or steps within them where I use the back button often. It's just the biggest thing that always stood out to me about iPhone. It was also the menu button that we [used to] have on Android and I always felt it was a huge missing feature on iPhone. Now, the menu tab is on screen in apps on Android. Now, the 3rd button on Android is the task/multitask function so that you can jump around to numerous apps that stay running in the background.

Brownslave688

I'm still using an SE. Lightning charger, but still have the audio-out even though I seldom use it.

I love the form-factor, and I'll keep on rocking it until the battery gives out. Even then, I'll probably risk replacing it.
I've had the battery and charging port replaces 2 times in my current 6s. When I get a new one it'll be another 6s

Brownslave688

Well, a high percentage of apps have pages or steps within them where I use the back button often. It's just the biggest thing that always stood out to me about iPhone. It was also the menu button that we [used to] have on Android and I always felt it was a huge missing feature on iPhone. Now, the menu tab is on screen in apps on Android. Now, the 3rd button on Android is the task/multitask function so that you can jump around to numerous apps that stay running in the background.
Double click the home button on iPhone and you can jump to any app you left running.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Ok. You lost me.

Anytime anyone hands me an Android device, I hand it back. I have absolutely zero interest in learning anything about them.

Brownslave688

Ok. You lost me.

Anytime anyone hands me an Android device, I hand it back. I have absolutely zero interest in learning anything about them.
I'm lost on all of my friends android but every one of them can pick up my phone and take a picture or get online.

JL 0513

Double click the home button on iPhone and you can jump to any app you left running.

Interesting. iPhone is so easy to use yet these things need to be found out. On Android, these simple functions are right there in dedicated soft keys never needing to be discovered.

JL 0513

Ok. You lost me.

Yeah, it goes both ways. I've been with Android since 2009 and like most Android users hate IOS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have delivered a grand total of 3 new iPhone 8's (so far).

I sold all of my Apple holdings when the stock price hovered at the $160 mark for a week or so. With less than a year before I will be rolling my 401k over it is time to settle on more conservative investments.