ArmyVet88

So I served 10 years in the military and decided I didnt want to subject myself and family to 10 more. I started working at UPS as a seasonal personal vehicle driver and got hired as pre load/utility after peak. They are offering me a PT supervisor position with the promice of getting hired on as a FT driver with the 6:1 deal as soon as they can find someone else. I have 4 people in front of me that need to go on packet but it could be faster this way. My question is.....is it a trap and i would be giving away my seniority for nothing and could i get it in writing that they must hold up their end of the deal?

So I served 10 years in the military and decided I didnt want to subject myself and family to 10 more. I started working at UPS as a seasonal personal vehicle driver and got hired as pre load/utility after peak. They are offering me a PT supervisor position with the promice of getting hired on as a FT driver with the 6:1 deal as soon as they can find someone else. I have 4 people in front of me that need to go on packet but it could be faster this way. My question is.....is it a trap and i would be giving away my seniority for nothing and could i get it in writing that they must hold up their end of the deal?
Yes it is a trap. And even putting it in writing would mean nothing.

trickpony1

Thank you for your service.
Have you considered joining the Army Reserves and retiring at 20 years?
Good luck getting anything in writing from UPS. They won't stick their neck out.

Prepared to be overwhelmed with responses suggesting you NOT take a PT supe position.

ArmyVet88

Good luck getting anything in writing from UPS. They won't stick their neck out.

Prepared to be overwhelmed with responses suggesting you NOT take a PT supe position.
I have read allot of threads on here and i see that lol!

Army Reserve or National Guard. I did 22 years and now have a pension check every month and free health care for my wife and myself.

trickpony1

As I have suggested to other military people who are about to get out...

Apply for civil service job ASAP...use your 5 preference points as a Vet.

I'm not sure anyone has a future at UPS anymore.

ArmyVet88

Also for vets looking into ups there is an apprenticeship program where you can draw your GI bill when you become a fulltime driver it decreases every 6 months but if your not planning on using it and the army skrews you transfering it to your kids like they did me then its something.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
giphy.webp

Even an eggplant driver knows that...

management is not UNION, so crossing over to the dark side won't be favorable

Butt, then Alaska may differ from the continental United States