Article 18 Grievance Scenario.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.

Here is a scenario that I think may be interesting to discuss.

A package car driver requests to have his package car equipped with a hand cart. The Company fails to equip the package car driver’s package car with a hand cart.

What do you think the package car driver should do?

Please be as detailed as necessary.
I will walk up to my supervisor and tell him I need a handcart or is referred to here as a dolly

If they choose not to give me one I will currently inform him that'll be more than happy to carry every package one by one to each stop instead of loading up my hand cart
I guarantee you I will have a brand new one next day

Integrity

Binge Poster
I will walk up to my supervisor and tell him I need a handcart or is referred to here as a dolly

If they choose not to give me one I will currently inform him that'll be more than happy to carry every package one by one to each stop instead of loading up my hand cart
They are referred to as dollies in some areas but be advised they are called hand carts in the Master CBA.

Dollies in UPS in my area refer to the tractor trailer dollies.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I do not believe this is an appropriate solution to the problem described in the OP.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I already know asking a supervisor will waste my time so I take matters into my own hands.
🧔✊
Although many supervisors IMO do a very poor job. I have had supervisors that do their jobs or at least try do their jobs.

Sometimes they are prevented from doing their jobs by their incompetent or corrupt superiors.

I always give my supervisors a chance to fail or to see how far they go to do their job correctly.

There is really only one contractually correct way to address the problem in the scenario in the OP.

Nah
Don’t know what post you are referring to. ??

I do not believe this is an appropriate solution to the problem described in the OP.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
If possible grab a steward, if not get a senior driver that you trust to act as a witness. Approach your supervisor and explain that you do not have a hand cart. If your supervisor produces one for you problem solved. If not, inform your supervisor that you’ll be filing a grievance. Ask for help, through the Diad, from a bargaining unit member, with any package that you aren’t 100% confident you can safely move by yourself, regardless of its weight. One stop at a time and in this instance one package at a time. Between the grievance and the increased over-allowed your problem should fix itself within a day or so.

Integrity

Binge Poster

In my area the Company has used comments like this as threatening slowing down.

As steward I have run into problems with employees threatening slowing down and our ocal has run into problems dealing with employees who threaten slowing down usually for some safety reasons.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If possible grab a steward, if not get a senior driver that you trust to act as a witness. Approach your supervisor and explain that you do not have a hand cart. If your supervisor produces one for you problem solved. If not, inform your supervisor that you’ll be filing a grievance. Ask for help, through the Diad, from a bargaining unit member, with any package that you aren’t 100% confident you can safely move by yourself, regardless of its weight. One stop at a time and in this instance one package at a time. Between the grievance and the increased over-allowed your problem should fix itself within a day or so.
Now this is IMO an excellent response.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And message for help for all over 70