Average hours?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dookiebutt, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Yeah 639 has a great pension. Hope it stays that way for you guys.

2. You never know what life will bring you. What happens if you get suck and can't work and have to retire before you planned to?

3. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Been 9.5 since contract kicked in. I don't pay attention to what they dispatch. I bring it back 9-9.5 like clock work unless they decide to blow my route out. Thing that keeps me working is later and heavier pickups.

4. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

“Livin’ large” doesn’t always last. Save what you can. Don’t rely on a pension that might not be there when you retire.

5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Good thing I included, "I might be wrong" in my statement. Thanks for the clarification.

6. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Tell them that you just love these 8 hour days

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

sure bud... https://www.zillow.com/washington-dc/

8. Welcome back Dan.
    Why not budget based on 14 and have a minimum of 26 gravies?

9. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

PVD is hilarious just how good of a gig it is. 20 stops, $30/h and you can crash your car anytime to get it replaced for free.

Someone should test the last part. Maybe after it get's keyed in the parking lot.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten at least 50 hrs/wk in for the last month here. Overtime isn’t gone everywhere

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. scooby0048

Where does it say you'd get your car replaced?

12. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

They're dispatching decent days but we still have some goofball car loaders. It's harder now than in the past to stay organized, amazon bags can quickly overrun your game of tetris.

13. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

I did 3.25 hours OT last week. I love this new UPS, I understand people need OT but take advantage while you can go home early because it wont last.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Drones are coming. Layoffs this peak.

15. DeliveryMachine

DeliveryMachine Active Member

These easy days are pretty sweet until it’s pay day. Then it makes you miss the OT. I haven’t asked for more work yet because I know in a couple weeks, there’s absolutely no way they will be able to keep us below 10 hours. 1 big snow storm and we will have all the OT you could ever imagine

16. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

That's an Altima without all the bells and whistles. What middle aged man could settle for that?

17. textat3

textat3 Member

For real things are off the chain in DC...signs up sheets on every door for PT loaders/clerks/preload who want to work as helpers for extra hours...not sure what is going on in the DC area but the economy is hot. UPS money isn't what it is in most places around here...maybe thats why...here teachers can make almost what a combo job pays..

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Didn't work for a PVD driver we had last Peak.

19. scooby0048

Ours either. Lady ventured out into the country, didn't know there was a cut around and fell into a cattle guard. Whole front end was smashed and crumpled. UPS wouldn't even call her a tow. A rancher came and got her with his bucket loader and hooked her little Rav4 to it and dragged her out.

She had to call her high school daughter to drive out to BFE in the freezing cold, snow drifted tundra to come get her.

20. It's important to remember that some areas will be more greatly impacted than others.
    I think inevitably, some hubs will be consolidated and some will closed down completely.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List