Average hours?

542thruNthru

Getting close to between 65-68 hours a week. They invoked the 70 hour work week here a few weeks back and it has been hard. Seems like the economy is so strong they can't find workers. They can't find PVD's, preloaders, 22.4 guys etc. I am DC metro. It has been hard work but the money is great. Most of us live large with Mercedes, Escalades etc...no need to save down here...not with pension at 8k at month....freakin love local 639...yeah boy..

Yeah 639 has a great pension. Hope it stays that way for you guys.

Getting close to between 65-68 hours a week. They invoked the 70 hour work week here a few weeks back and it has been hard. Seems like the economy is so strong they can't find workers. They can't find PVD's, preloaders, 22.4 guys etc. I am DC metro. It has been hard work but the money is great. Most of us live large with Mercedes, Escalades etc...no need to save down here...not with pension at 8k at month....freakin love local 639...yeah boy..
You never know what life will bring you. What happens if you get suck and can't work and have to retire before you planned to?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Been 9.5 since contract kicked in. I don't pay attention to what they dispatch. I bring it back 9-9.5 like clock work unless they decide to blow my route out. Thing that keeps me working is later and heavier pickups.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
“Livin’ large” doesn’t always last. Save what you can. Don’t rely on a pension that might not be there when you retire.

wayfair

swollen member

sure bud... https://www.zillow.com/washington-dc/

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
PVD is hilarious just how good of a gig it is. 20 stops, $30/h and you can crash your car anytime to get it replaced for free.

Someone should test the last part. Maybe after it get's keyed in the parking lot.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I’ve gotten at least 50 hrs/wk in for the last month here. Overtime isn’t gone everywhere
They're dispatching decent days but we still have some goofball car loaders. It's harder now than in the past to stay organized, amazon bags can quickly overrun your game of tetris.

Siveriano

I did 3.25 hours OT last week. I love this new UPS, I understand people need OT but take advantage while you can go home early because it wont last.

DeliveryMachine

These easy days are pretty sweet until it’s pay day. Then it makes you miss the OT. I haven’t asked for more work yet because I know in a couple weeks, there’s absolutely no way they will be able to keep us below 10 hours. 1 big snow storm and we will have all the OT you could ever imagine

textat3

For real things are off the chain in DC...signs up sheets on every door for PT loaders/clerks/preload who want to work as helpers for extra hours...not sure what is going on in the DC area but the economy is hot. UPS money isn't what it is in most places around here...maybe thats why...here teachers can make almost what a combo job pays..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Didn't work for a PVD driver we had last Peak.
Ours either. Lady ventured out into the country, didn't know there was a cut around and fell into a cattle guard. Whole front end was smashed and crumpled. UPS wouldn't even call her a tow. A rancher came and got her with his bucket loader and hooked her little Rav4 to it and dragged her out.

She had to call her high school daughter to drive out to BFE in the freezing cold, snow drifted tundra to come get her.

ThePackageDeli

It's important to remember that some areas will be more greatly impacted than others.
I think inevitably, some hubs will be consolidated and some will closed down completely.