Average hours?

Dookiebutt

How many hours are you guys getting a week on average?

Our hours have been cut significantly this year. This week has been worse then ever. 8 hours days with all the RTDs, 22.4s, and PVDs (personal vehicle drivers). I know most of you would be happy about this but I want my hours.

We use to get 60 hours every week. Now we are lucky to get 48.

Wondering what it's like elsewhere.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
1FA993E5-9588-4AC2-A966-8E44BB726C09.gif

Our hours have been cut significantly this year. This week has been worse then ever. 8 hours days with all the RTDs, 22.4s, and PVDs (personal vehicle drivers). I know most of you would be happy about this but I want my hours.

This time if the year you usually work less hours as they are training seasonals.

Don't worry plenty will quit and you will get more hours then you want

542thruNthru

It's the new UPS.. might want to start getting those finances in order if you don't have them already.

I've been working less then 8 everyday. Even have a helper.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

how about learning how to live within your means

ManInBrown

Nothing worse in package then guys that bitch and moan about 300 stops and 13 hour days, and then when they get their OT cut they bitch and moan. That is one thing that i side with management on. You want OT, work for it. Close second is the runner who cries about 300 stops, and still gets done in 8.75 hours.

And I am someone who got paid $100s in grievance checks every month when I was in package, and I am as anti management as they come.

Concretion

I believe that the decrease in hours is because of changes that the company is working on to reduce costs and increase profits. I work inside the building and every week this past year the start times are getting later and hours are shorter. New hires make more per hour compared from years past.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I never complain about 13 hour days. I want to fill my bank account.

Along the lines of what upstate said below, if you can live off of a lower amount now, I think, but I might be wrong that starting next year, you can put up to 35% of your salary into the 401k whereas in previous years, you could only do 30%. That extra 5% now will really come in handy later on in life when it comes time to retire.

It would also help to diversify. Move funds around that give you the best ROI. I personally do gold and silver and ROTH but it's all up to what you want.

If you are still in progression and are living comfortably at the 75-80% rate take the bump to full rate and put in in to your 401k.

GenericUsername

Budget based on 40 and the rest is gravy.

I budget for 32 hours. Once my kid is out of daycare it'll be even better. This gives me the option to take an extra day off every week if it's available to do so or I just have an extra 8 hours of pay to use to get ahead on a car payment, or buy something, etc.

rustys954rr

Along the lines of what upstate said below, if you can live off of a lower amount now, I think, but I might be wrong that starting next year, you can put up to 35% of your salary into the 401k whereas in previous years, you could only do 30%. That extra 5% now will really come in handy later on in life when it comes time to retire.
You have been able to put up to 35% of your salary in for years now.

textat3

Getting close to between 65-68 hours a week. They invoked the 70 hour work week here a few weeks back and it has been hard. Seems like the economy is so strong they can't find workers. They can't find PVD's, preloaders, 22.4 guys etc. I am DC metro. It has been hard work but the money is great. Most of us live large with Mercedes, Escalades etc...no need to save down here...not with pension at 8k at month....freakin love local 639...yeah boy..