Barney Frank

moreluck

golden ticket member
Report: Bawney Fwank To Marry Boyfriend…

So which one wears the dress? On second thought, never mind, some things are best left unsaid.
(NECN) — Congressman Barney Frank’s office has confirmed that the retiring 71-year-old Representative is marrying is longtime partner, Jim Ready, in a Massachusetts ceremony. A date has not been set.

In November 2011, Frank announced he would retire from Congress at the conclusion of his current term in 2013.

Frank has served as a U.S. Representative for Massachusetts since 1981, and is considered the most prominent gay politician in the U.S.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via The Hill:
Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) thought President Obama was making a “mistake” in pressing for healthcare reform in 2010 and urged the White House to back off after Democrats lost their 60-seat majority in the Senate, the congressman tells New York magazine.
“I think we paid a terrible price for healthcare,” Frank told the magazine in a lengthy interview as he prepares to retire at the end of his 16th term. “I would not have pushed it as hard. As a matter of fact, after [Sen.] Scott Brown [R-Mass.] won [in January 2010], I suggested going back. I would have started with financial reform, but certainly not healthcare.”

Democrats lost 66 House seats in the 2010 midterm elections. One political science paper estimated that about 25 of those losses could be linked directly to voting in favor of the healthcare reform law.

Frank, who supported Hillary Clinton in 2008, said Obama made the same mistake the Clintons did in the early 1990s by underestimating the concerns of people who already had healthcare coverage

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Hill) – House Democrats will hold a fundraiser next week honoring the 25th anniversary of Rep. Barney’s Frank’s (D-Mass.) decision to come out of the closet.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel (N.Y.) will join Frank for a reception at a Mexican restaurant in Washington.

Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.), one of the only other openly gay members of Congress, penned the email that the DCCC sent to supporters inviting them to the event.

“Barney is an inspiration to all of us as one of the first openly gay congressmen to serve in the House,” Polis wrote. “This event will be particularly moving for me as it will be one of our last events with him before he retires this year.”

Tickets for the May 30 event range from $100 for an individual to $5,000 for PACs or those who want to co-host the event.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=3]Barney Frank Tells Black Degree Recipient He Hopes "No One Will Shoot At You" For Wearing A "Hoodie"[/h]Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) was one of several speakers at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth undergraduate commencement that took place this Sunday. Frank was also one of two people that received the Chancellor's Distinguished Service Medal at the event.

However, Congressman Frank made a controversial comment about Hubie Jones, a black recipient of an honorary doctorate, that elicited an audible gasp from the audience.
"One of the great men that I've worked with Hubie for many years and I'm particularly pleased that Hubie got an honorary degree today. You know, when you get an honorary degree they give you one of these and Hubie, I think you now got a hoodie you can wear and no one will shoot at you. So, I think you'll feel, I hope, pretty protected by that," Frank said.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Who is giving up his seat and the two trying for it are a former military man, who opposed barney last election & a kennedey , who moved out of his mother's basement and into barney's district just a few days before declaring that he was running.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have to admit that their wedding vows were unique:

BARNEY AND JIM: Do you promise to love each other and be each other’s best friend,
In sickness and in health,
In Congress or in retirement,
Whether the surf is up or the surf’s flat,
For richer or for poorer,
Under the Democrats or the Republicans,
Whether the slopes are powdery or icy,
Whether the book reviews are good or bad,
For better or for worse,
On MSNBC or on Fox,
For as long as you both shall live.

wkmac

BARNEY AND JIM: Do you promise to love each other and be each other’s best friend,
For better or for worse,
On MSNBC or on Fox,

Gives new meaning to the cry, "Surf's Up!"

Hope no one cries "Hang Ten!"

"Look at Barney ride the pipe!"

"Stroking out to Jaws!"

moreluck

golden ticket member

For better or for worse,
On MSNBC or on Fox,
Yeah, really queer vows!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh, they picked the most wonderful spot for their wedding .
The hotel sits along side a water reservoir , right off the Mass Pike ( rte 90 ) and rte 128 also known as rte 95 along the Newton & Weston town lines.
The parking lot across the water from the hotel is a well know spot for same sex meetings, could that have been where they hooked up ?