bend at the knees

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
We work in a customer service industry, I’d strangle my delivery guy if I caught him dropping my brand new grill for the summer off the back and I’d make the driver pay for a new one there and then or he ain’t leaving my drive way.

We don’t have to drop our standards, slide it down the hand cart off the back and wheel it to the house. It’s amazingly easy and you get back in drivers seat with some pride you did your job correctly.

Attitudes like this it’s time to walk away.
I would like to see you make me pay for your grill, would laugh and drive off with my middle finger up In the air. Personally would never drop out of truck but if it falls off cart or truck by accident, good luck leaving me on the hook for it.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
When UPS overloads the cars like they do, no one is "walking away" from a career here. It's more like get your walker and away you go. 132lb smoker grills are not "packages". It is freight and I'm not having an MRI or missing playing catch with my kids because you got a deal on some online crap. Call me whatever you want. You'll be the one in the scooter while I walk past and laugh.

I unload by sliding them off the back and down the hand cart. I don’t think I’ve ever physically struggled to deliver one.

Most of the 8 keys are whatever but the last one actually makes your life so much easier.

TheMachine

I would like to see you make me pay for your grill, would laugh and drive off with my middle finger up In the air. Personally would never drop out of truck but if it falls off cart or truck by accident, good luck leaving me on the hook for it.

Driving off flipping the bird gives the victim more evidence you’re incompetent, no matter how cool it sounds on the internet.

With today’s cell phones, the fact you have a massive truck which says UPS and the car number on it, plus a license plate....you may escape short term but you’ll pay, one way or another.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When UPS overloads the cars like they do, no one is "walking away" from a career here. It's more like get your walker and away you go. 132lb smoker grills are not "packages". It is freight and I'm not having an MRI or missing playing catch with my kids because you got a deal on some online crap. Call me whatever you want. You'll be the one in the scooter while I walk past and laugh.
I had the exact same delivery last week. Carried the small part and hand carted the large part to the garage. 29 years in and my joints are fine.

rod

Retired 22 years
Also doesn't mean that you have the right to leave their stuff in their driveway.

This past Tuesday I was making my MBE pickup. They had an awkwardly shaped 140 lb package going out and try as I might I just could not get a firm grip on it. A passerby offered to help and between the two of us we got in to the car and pushed over to RDL. He didn't have to do that----it is what nice people do and I thanked him for his help.

apparently he didn't know the real you.

BigBrown87

Driving off flipping the bird gives the victim more evidence you’re incompetent, no matter how cool it sounds on the internet.

With today’s cell phones, the fact you have a massive truck which says UPS and the car number on it, plus a license plate....you may escape short term but you’ll pay, one way or another.
Someone cant take joke, I still would not be paying for your grill period. You can follow me any day and take as many phone videos you want, if your package gets damaged in the process of shipping I will not be liable for the replacement.

El Correcto

god is dead
We are lifting, not bending. Sure this might be healthier if you are picking up car keys, let’s see that old ladies back lifting a 20 lb box like that. I’m sure it doesn’t stay straight. I think the knees are the lesser of two evils when it comes to lifting.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

People deadlift 300 plus pounds and it actually strengthens your back. Apply it to picking up packages and you'll be saving yourself a lot of pain

specter208

UPS should invest in exoskeleton technology like in COD AW/ Edge of Tomorrow so you can literally carry hundred pound packages to front doors and up stairs. Or load entire pallets of packages onto the loading docks at the hubs.

TheMachine

Someone cant take joke, I still would not be paying for your grill period. You can follow me any day and take as many phone videos you want, if your package gets damaged in the process of shipping I will not be liable for the replacement.

We were talking about drivers purposely dumping heavy deliveries off the back, which is the drivers fault it suffers damage and pretty amateur. Anything else that happened prior, poor packaging etc is of course not the drivers fault but you’re setting yourself up.

Even if damage happened prior, if you’re caught in your amateur hour dumping stuff off the back, the driver will get the blame.

I just had it this morning, heavy shipment came poorly packaged and damaged but they seen me handling with care. I advised them to get it shipped on pallets next time and they accepted it without issue.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Also doesn't mean that you have the right to leave their stuff in their driveway.

This past Tuesday I was making my MBE pickup. They had an awkwardly shaped 140 lb package going out and try as I might I just could not get a firm grip on it. A passerby offered to help and between the two of us we got in to the car and pushed over to RDL. He didn't have to do that----it is what nice people do and I thanked him for his help.

What happens if he hurts himself?

BigBrown87

We were talking about drivers purposely dumping heavy deliveries off the back, which is the drivers fault it suffers damage and pretty amateur. Anything else that happened prior, poor packaging etc is of course not the drivers fault but you’re setting yourself up.

Even if damage happened prior, if you’re caught in your amateur hour dumping stuff off the back, the driver will get the blame.

I just had it this morning, heavy shipment came poorly packaged and damaged but they seen me handling with care. I advised them to get it shipped on pallets next time and they accepted it without issue.
Dude your thinking way too much about something that doesn't need to be analyzed, your grill falls off my truck by accident not paying :censored2: period end of story. Take all the videos you want not a :censored2:ing penny is coming out of my pocket. There is an article in the master that addresses this issue so that's the end of this chapter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dude your thinking way too much about something that doesn't need to be analyzed, your grill falls off my truck by accident not paying :censored2: period end of story. Take all the videos you want not a :censored2:ing penny is coming out of my pocket. There is an article in the master that addresses this issue so that's the end of this chapter.

The article you are referring to includes language to where the driver would be held liable if the damage was due to his/her negligence.

If the customer has video of you tossing it out of the back of the pkg car you can damn well bet that you will be paying for that package, one way or another.

Heavy Package

Good God.... Some of the people here are so completely brainwashed it's useless. Guess we are going to get a smilety contract passed as well.

What would you mindless trolls do if there weren't packages to deliver all day? Probably be at home playing with yourselves.

TheMachine

Nothing is being analyzed, you’re misreading and still don’t get it. We aren’t talking about accidental damage, we are talking about purposefully mistreated packages.

The end of the chapter was about two posts ago where I said if you are caught mistreating packages, you are liable. Money will be coming out of your pocket because you’ll be in the unemployment line.

BigBrown87

The article you are referring to includes language to where the driver would be held liable if the damage was due to his/her negligence.

If the customer has video of you tossing it out of the back of the pkg car you can damn well bet that you will be paying for that package, one way or another.
Did you read the part where I said accident, yes if you kick or throw the package then I would agree. But accidents happen not much I can do when the package is bigger then my 2 wheeler.

BigBrown87

Nothing is being analyzed, you’re misreading and still don’t get it. We aren’t talking about accidental damage, we are talking about purposefully mistreated packages.

The end of the chapter was about two posts ago where I said if you are caught mistreating packages, you are liable. Money will be coming out of your pocket because you’ll be in the unemployment line.
Okay skippy keep talking your so interesting to hear from, accidents happen and they can happen for many reasons and certain customers if you know what I mean. Hope your not on my route machine you seem like all the other up tight mother :censored2:ers I see on a daily. I will keep a look out for any grills and make sure that your package is handled safely.