bend at the knees

Indecisi0n

Most of you people are :censored2:ing idiots, especially the guy saying that bending at the knees is bad for you. I actually powerlift and it's not 'junk science' to say that that you should bend at the knees and keep the natural curve of your back when lifting a heavy package. You guys are so warped and jaded by corporate bull:censored2: that you ignore common sense when it runs counter to stuff supervisors tell you.
Deadlifts baby, LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYYYYY

Indecisi0n

I DL serious weight while curving my lower back to an awkward angle and keeping my knees and hips locked. Management told me different so it must be right. Ill be working happily into my senior years!
If you're keeping your knees locked you aren't deadlifting traditionally but rather stiff leg deadlifting.

tourists24

Most of you people are :censored2:ing idiots, especially the guy saying that bending at the knees is bad for you. I actually powerlift and it's not 'junk science' to say that that you should bend at the knees and keep the natural curve of your back when lifting a heavy package. You guys are so warped and jaded by corporate bull:censored2: that you ignore common sense when it runs counter to stuff supervisors tell you.
Well aren’t you a fun loving guy....

F

Frankie's Friend

Also doesn't mean that you have the right to leave their stuff in their driveway.

This past Tuesday I was making my MBE pickup. They had an awkwardly shaped 140 lb package going out and try as I might I just could not get a firm grip on it. A passerby offered to help and between the two of us we got in to the car and pushed over to RDL. He didn't have to do that----it is what nice people do and I thanked him for his help.
Had he twisted his back he could've filed a claim against you and the company saying that even tho he asked if you needed help you shifted the weight onto him and it pulled something in his back.
The general public is not trained to handle the heavy and awkward crap we get shoved into our trucks therefore we have the right and responsibility to ask for another trained Teamster driver to help.
Another wise move by the retiring Capt. Obvious.

F

Frankie's Friend

I unload by sliding them off the back and down the hand cart. I don’t think I’ve ever physically struggled to deliver one.

Most of the 8 keys are whatever but the last one actually makes your life so much easier.
So does calling in for teamster help. Actually, I like it better and it is safer.

F

Frankie's Friend

We were talking about drivers purposely dumping heavy deliveries off the back, which is the drivers fault it suffers damage and pretty amateur. Anything else that happened prior, poor packaging etc is of course not the drivers fault but you’re setting yourself up.

Even if damage happened prior, if you’re caught in your amateur hour dumping stuff off the back, the driver will get the blame.

I just had it this morning, heavy shipment came poorly packaged and damaged but they seen me handling with care. I advised them to get it shipped on pallets next time and they accepted it without issue.
Why are you doing bargaining unit work?

F

Frankie's Friend

I always thought this was common sense. I will never understand why people insist on ordering fragile items like televisions etc and having them shipped by ground carriers . If anything have the store freight it to their location and pick it up yourself. I've done this many times in the past.
Walmart will deliver and install a flat screen TV for $89.

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude, I have 10 alerts all from you. It’s the internet, it’s ok.

It’s because I DL serious weight with an awkward curve in my back.
Dude, now it's 12.

Btw...you have more posts than that but some were tl so I dr.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol people are unironically suggesting that bending at the knees and keeping a neutral back while lifting heavy objects is bad for your health just cuz management says so. It's funny af. I love working for UPS tbh

Talk to me after you’ve been in and out of an old high step everyday for 20 years