BIDEN LEFT AMERICAN'S STRANDED IN AFGHANISTAN

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
north americans dont make time to enjoy life the way some other countries do.q

aside from that looks like time is almost up!
Life is for work! Sure, we weekend at the vacation house or at the club, but who doesn't?

rickyb

Life is for work! Sure, we weekend at the vacation house or at the club, but who doesn't?
work is for life, but thats bad for profits. i forget how chomsky described america's business class, maybe he said they were more dominant than other western countries and so that gives you bad work life balance i dont knwo.

Wally

I cahn’t speak for the rest of you miscreants, but Buffy and I spend our days at the country club
Our club has a separate membership for golf. My wife plays tennis and then I meet for lunch in the clubhouse or by the pool. Covid has really messed up things though.

vantexan

I don’t think anyone really cares. It’s in the news cycle until it isn’t anymore and in general the American public wanted to be out of there a long time ago.

I remember reading years ago that a Taliban commander kind of shrugged off the whole American presence. He said eventually the Americans would leave and all it would take on the Talibans part was patience. I had a feeling he was right. He was.
No one cares? If thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Afghanis who helped us are executed do you think no one will care? More likely the liberal media will do everything possible to keep the story squelched from their viewers.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No one cares? If thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Afghanis who helped us are executed do you think no one will care? More likely the liberal media will do everything possible to keep the story squelched from their viewers.
To many people involved to squash it for long

rickyb

We drink instead
1629907851076.png

Wally

Despite the terrorist attack and American deaths, Nancy Pelosi yucked it up yesterday in San Francisco at some Gal's Equity Day event. She didn't even mention the attack. She did attact voting ID laws. Plenty of time for jokes and attacking Republicans.

oldngray

nowhere special
President Joe Biden has sought to place blame for the shocking dénouement in Afghanistan on the situation he “inherited” from the Trump administration. What a sad-sack attempt at blame-shifting. Team Trump’s withdrawal plan was sound. What proved catastrophic were Biden’s changes to that plan.

The Afghan government and the Taliban were both told they would face the full force of the US military if they caused any harm to Americans or American interests in Afghanistan.

Next, both parties would negotiate to create an interim-joint government, and both sides had to repudiate al Qaeda. Lastly, a small special-operations force would be stationed in the country to take direct action against any terrorist threats that arose. When all those conditions were met — along with other cascading conditions — then a withdrawal could, and did, begin.

We successfully executed this plan until Jan. 20, 2021. During this interval — when there were no US casualties in Afghanistan — President Ashraf Ghani and the Taliban conducted multiple rounds of negotiations, and al Qaeda was sidelined. The result was a successful drawdown of US forces in Afghanistan to 2,500, the lowest count since the dawn of the War on Terror.

We handed our entire plan to the incoming Biden administration during the lengthy transition. The new team simply wasn’t interested.

Everything changed when the new commander in chief declared that US forces would leave Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, pushing back the Trump administration’s timetable by four months. Crucially, he didn’t condition the withdrawal on continued adherence to the agreed-upon stipulations. It would be an unconditional pullout with an arbitrary date based on pure
symbolism — and set in stone.

At that point, the Taliban sat back and waited for the date to draw near, then launched a countrywide offensive, knowing they had no reason to fear any reprisals from this administration. The ongoing chaos — not least the stranding of US personnel and allies — was the natural result of the Biden administration’s decision to eschew a conditions-based plan.