Big announcement coming in Jan

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Polite inquiries and rude intrusions are not the same thing and these days with the thumpers and the rollers I'm seeing far more of the latter. If those two rollers had simply asked if they could park their bikes in my yard I would have consented. The trouble is that many of them adopt this self righteous sense of superiority, that they are a better class of humanity than the rest of us ungodly peasants. Faith is one thing. Mind control is another and it's the latter that worries me.

Is everything you don't like mind control?

bacha29

Is everything you don't like mind control?
When a person representing what is publicly proclaimed to be a "religion" is so heavily indoctrinated in that "religion" that they are incapable of first showing respect for the civil liberties of the person they are so called "witnessing" to that's not a "religion" nor is it faith.

59 Dano

I made them an offer but they declined. I can't do more than that.

FYI: When you babble monkey gibberish and people just stand there with weird looks on their faces, it's because you don't make any sense, not because you nailed them with a clever intellectual response.

59 Dano

When a person representing what is publicly proclaimed to be a "religion" is so heavily indoctrinated in that "religion" that they are incapable of first showing respect for the civil liberties of the person they are so called "witnessing" to that's not a "religion" nor is it faith.

Bible thumpers: knock knock
bacha: STOP VIOLATING MY CIVIL LIBERTIES YOU BRAINWASHED ZOMBIES

bacha29

FYI: When you babble monkey gibberish and people just stand there with weird looks on their faces, it's because you don't make any sense, not because you nailed them with a clever intellectual response.
Wrong. It was simply a response for which they were not programmed to comprehend. So tell me when was the last time you went door to door selling your religion?

vantexan

Extremists? Just believing in something and wanting to share that belief makes one an extremist? If that's the case you're the definition of an extremist. No one preaches more than you on this website the evils of FedEx, their CEO, corporations in general, capitalism, and in your view Christianity. Maybe you should listen next time someone knocks on your door with good news of a better way. The path you're on now is full of anger and bitterness. The reason Christianity has spread around the world is Christ showed a better way. It may get watered down by humans with their own agenda, but it's still better than the hate you spread.
Bump

bbsam

Staff member
When you ask them to go away and they do, that is respecting you civil liberties. When they drop their bikes in your yard, that’s rude. When you point out their rudeness, I doubt that they told you to go friend yourself. Did they apologize and go on their way? Or did you hold them there to make an even bigger scene. Inquiring minds want to know.

bacha29

When you ask them to go away and they do, that is respecting you civil liberties. When they drop their bikes in your yard, that’s rude. When you point out their rudeness, I doubt that they told you to go friend yourself. Did they apologize and go on their way? Or did you hold them there to make an even bigger scene. Inquiring minds want to know.
Short of the friend word I got some serious disrespectful talk . If I had known that a big chunk of white supremacist attitude was what was in store for me I would have called the cops and have them impound them.

bacha29

If they wanted me to embrace their beliefs and endorse their denomination those terms would be negotiated not walking up to me and start dictating them to me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Short of the friend word I got some serious disrespectful talk . If I had known that a big chunk of white supremacist attitude was what was in store for me I would have called the cops and have them impound them.
I’m curious...what kind of white supremacist attitude did you get from them?

bacha29

I’m curious...what kind of white supremacist attitude did you get from them?
That felt that they didn't have to ask to park bikes on my property and made that point quite clear. As I said before I'll embrace the beliefs and the ideology of whichever religious organization with whom I can successfully negotiate the terms of endearment . Face it they're always out recruiting new members and with church memberships falling and monetary support always in doubt why not give them the opportunity to compete for my endorsement? Some of the wealthiest people in the world are televangelists and so no reason not to see if you can get them to throw some cash in the opposite direction.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That felt that they didn't have to ask to park bikes on my property and made that point quite clear. As I said before I'll embrace the beliefs and the ideology of whichever religious organization with whom I can successfully negotiate the terms of endearment . Face it they're always out recruiting new members and with church memberships falling and monetary support always in doubt why not give them the opportunity to compete for my endorsement? Some of the wealthiest people in the world are televangelists and so no reason not to see if you can get them to throw some cash in the opposite direction.
Rude=White Supremacist

WAFL

bacha29

Rude=White Supremacist

WAFL
Given the way those two acted toward me I 'll call them whatever I want. Their conduct was clearly religion inspired white supremacy .But seeing opportunity I can still live with it.
Opportunity you might ask? Certainly . With the Catholic Church hoarking up multi million dollar hair balls to to make amends for clergy sexual abuse and the Methodist Church spinning off it's conservative wing and giving it cash and real estate to settle up what this means that there will be an oversupply of empty pews that will need filled and since many services are televised the last thing denominations would want is for the camera looking around the chamber at all the empty pews. They have lots of money and need help on the weekends I could help fill up a pew......for the right price.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Given the way those two acted toward me I 'll call them whatever I want. Their conduct was clearly religion inspired white supremacy .But seeing opportunity I can still live with it.
Opportunity you might ask? Certainly . With the Catholic Church hoarking up multi million dollar hair balls to to make amends for clergy sexual abuse and the Methodist Church spinning off it's conservative wing and giving it cash and real estate to settle up what this means that there will be an oversupply of empty pews that will need filled and since many services are televised the last thing denominations would want is for the camera looking around the chamber at all the empty pews. They have lots of money and need help on the weekends I could help fill up a pew......for the right price.
The purpose of a church is to redeem the sinful.

Don’t waste their time.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Something tells me you approached them rudely and they responded in kind.