Black 16 year old shot and killed while trying to murder another girl in Columbus OH

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I haven't been following this, but the question I have is what if she was just standing her ground against people who attacked her, and she took their weapon away? Was the officer's life in danger? How many officers on the scene? Did they all shoot?

Once again, I don't know anything beyond the headlines.
then why respond?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If I remember correctly they sold manhattan for like a couple shiny pebbles on contract.
Worse trade deal ever.

really not their fault when you are illiterate and kind of dumb to western ways. Europeans were just far more advanced militarily and had been fighting brutal wars for centuries over lands. Those people never stood a chance.
Superior is the word.

El Correcto

god is dead
Superior is the word.
I really do wonder why they were though. I’ve ruled out race alone but don’t deny people of different races may have different genetic and mental make up from the way they evolved separately from other races for thousands of years. especially back in those days when the world wasnt so connected.
Maybe it was being closer to the cradle of civilization, the ruins of the Holy Roman Empire, the proximity to the Middle East and the culture the Jewish and Christian faith promoted. They just had access to the work of giants to build from and the native Americans didn’t. But it still begs to ask why the native Americans never formed great societies and were so far behind the Europeans and the great society that dwarf any native American societies. Like the Roman Empire, Egypt etc. Was it the wonderful resource rich lands they came from with a temperate or tropical environment?

El Correcto

god is dead
the differences of human beings and their societies always fascinates me. I am biased to say the strongest military ones are the greatest, because they are the only ones that can preserve anything long term.

MAKAVELI

I really do wonder why they were though. I’ve ruled out race alone but don’t deny people of different races may have different genetic and mental make up from the way they evolved separately from other races for thousands of years. especially back in those days when the world wasnt so connected.
Maybe it was being closer to the cradle of civilization, the ruins of the Holy Roman Empire, the proximity to the Middle East and the culture the Jewish and Christian faith promoted. They just had access to the work of giants to build from and the native Americans didn’t. But it still begs to ask why the native Americans never formed great societies and were so far behind the Europeans and the great society that dwarf any native American societies. Like the Roman Empire, Egypt etc. Was it the wonderful resource rich lands they came from with a temperate or tropical environment?
Maybe the Native American was just a more pure human being free from the the evil, greedy European ways.

refineryworker05

White racist fiction on human civilization development. Well maybe the white race is just genetically superior. I mean seriously so much of political ideology in America has this dumb belief behind it.

vantexan

There's a lot of archeological research going on that contradict your thesis. Already with today's technology great cities are being discovered under the cover of jungle growth in the Amazon. The Aztec, Maya, and Inca all had empires that covered extensive areas. The single biggest factor in the conquering of the Americas was the devastation wrought by disease that wiped out millions. After that it was the armor and calvary of the Europeans. That tipped the balance in their favor as they aligned with tens of thousands of native warriors to overthrow the various native empires.

vantexan

Maybe the Native American was just a more pure human being free from the the evil, greedy European ways.
That's mythology. Look at the Comanche once they got the horse. They were hell on surrounding tribes and the trail they rode down to raid Mexico every Fall is still visible in west Texas from when they drove back herds of horses, cattle, and captives. The Mexicans used to light signal fires up in the hills to alert others of their approach so people had time to flee. A major reason that the Mexican government allowed American settlers into Texas was to put a buffer between their people further south and the Comanche, Kiowa, and Kickapoo.

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled.png

El Correcto

god is dead
There's a lot of archeological research going on that contradict your thesis. Already with today's technology great cities are being discovered under the cover of jungle growth in the Amazon. The Aztec, Maya, and Inca all had empires that covered extensive areas. The single biggest factor in the conquering of the Americas was the devastation wrought by disease that wiped out millions. After that it was the armor and calvary of the Europeans. That tipped the balance in their favor as they aligned with tens of thousands of native warriors to overthrow the various native empires.
They were like jungle Egyptians in my opinion far behind the times of Europe, but with some novelty advancements. If their society had been magically teleported to Europe as is, they would of been conquered by the end of the week.