Black 16 year old shot and killed while trying to murder another girl in Columbus OH

El Correcto

god is dead
This kind of reporting should not be profitable for these scumbags is all I’m saying. Society is not benefitting or being informed by this and it stokes racial violence.

It will be fine

I can’t yell fire in a crowded theater.
Sure there are limits to free speech. How would you like to limit the press? News stories with slants and omissions to drive a narrative are how the news has always worked. I’d say it’s impossible to avoid. I don’t think we want to make it easier to sue news organizations. That would allow big monied interests to stifle speech through excessive litigation.

El Correcto

god is dead
Sure there are limits to free speech. How would you like to limit the press? News stories with slants and omissions to drive a narrative are how the news has always worked. I’d say it’s impossible to avoid. I don’t think we want to make it easier to sue news organizations. That would allow big monied interests to stifle speech through excessive litigation.
How about we let juries decide if they are blatantly inciting racial violence with lies or omitting truth that is probable they knew about. Like when you edit parts out of film that’s important to the story.

Burgerman

Any stats on police shooting white folk,or at least video footage news reports etc . Is there any everdince or proof that blacks v whites been fatally shot by police is proportionally one-sided, it certainly seems we only hear a one sided story

vantexan

They were like jungle Egyptians in my opinion far behind the times of Europe, but with some novelty advancements. If their society had been magically teleported to Europe as is, they would of been conquered by the end of the week.
Who in turn were wowed by what early adventurers like Marco Polo saw in China. China was well established as a country with over a hundred million people when London had 25,000. The pasta Italians are so famous for? Brought back by Polo from China. European advancement was primarily due to war.

It will be fine

Any stats on police shooting white folk,or at least video footage news reports etc . Is there any everdince or proof that blacks v whites been fatally shot by police is proportionally one-sided, it certainly seems we only hear a one sided story
Does it matter? Do all citizens not benefit from police accountability when they kill citizens?

El Correcto

god is dead
Who in turn were wowed by what early adventurers like Marco Polo saw in China. China was well established as a country with over a hundred million people when London had 25,000. The pasta Italians are so famous for? Brought back by Polo from China. European advancement was primarily due to war.
Polo was dealing with the Khans wasn’t he?
Not exactly China at that time, Mongolian power. They advanced through military might as well, rags to riches.

vantexan

Polo was dealing with the Khans wasn’t he?
Not exactly China at that time, Mongolian power. They advanced through military might as well, rags to riches.
Mongolians conquered China, but still most of the people were Chinese. They had governance throughout the land. Built roads and other infrastructure. People didn't just exist, they went about their daily lives feeding themselves. Children went to school. They developed arts and crafts. And at that time were a more sophisticated society than any in Europe.

El Correcto

god is dead
Mongolians conquered China, but still most of the people were Chinese. They had governance throughout the land. Built roads and other infrastructure. People didn't just exist, they went about their daily lives feeding themselves. Children went to school. They developed arts and crafts. And at that time were a more sophisticated society than any in Europe.
It’s an interesting point, I don’t know much about Chinese culture because Mongolian was more interesting to me. I know that confusion bastard or whatever his name was. China would be worthwhile learning about and seeing what spurred their growth.

Aztecs eh. Not so much.

vantexan

It’s an interesting point, I don’t know much about Chinese culture because Mongolian was more interesting to me. I know that confusion bastard or whatever his name was. China would be worthwhile learning about and seeing what spurred their growth.

Aztecs eh. Not so much.
The Aztecs were brutal to other groups. But had developed a very sophisticated for its time capital city in what is now Mexico City. The Spanish were said to be stunned at what they saw. Modern waste removal started with the Aztecs. Europeans at that time weren't noted for their hygiene.

El Correcto

god is dead
The Aztecs were brutal to other groups. But had developed a very sophisticated for its time capital city in what is now Mexico City. The Spanish were said to be stunned at what they saw. Modern waste removal started with the Aztecs. Europeans at that time weren't noted for their hygiene.
they had some novelty innovation, sewer system had supposedly existed in the Roman Empire, aqueducts, bath houses, a really advanced society operating under something that resembled modern day government and rule of law. It’s interesting to think about the dark ages and people seeing these great Roman infrastructures and not understanding them. Kind of post apocalyptic in some ways.

El Correcto

god is dead
So what? If the outcome of their activism results in an improvement for all citizens why would anyone care what their motivation is?
Tell that to the people that died or had their businesses burned. We are just making society better. No one thought well the rioters want to make America better by charging the Capitol building, even though we want the same man in office.